Chapter 14: Out of Luck

Juliet's holoform is in Media section :)

"Juliet, wake up. Juliet."

I was slowly awakening by a warm hand shaking my arm softly. I only turn my back toward whoever was trying to wake me up. Go back to sleep, Saffron. The hand makes contact again. "Juliet." A deep voice whispers. I let a loud groan escape my mouth and pull the covers over my head. The hand shakes me bit harder this time. "Juliet, that same creepy semi-truck is here to pick you up." My eyelids immediately open, staring at nothing in shock. There's no time for sleep anymore. I quickly sit up and search Luke's face for answers.

"What time is it?" I ask rather quickly.

"Uh...I'm gonna assume it's time for you to get out of bed." I take his advice and throw the covers off me. I grab my clean new clothes and scurry to the bathroom.

"How long has he been here?" I ask behind the bathroom door. I rapidly take off my pajamas and fling my black skinny jeans, white shirt, grey sweater, and some weird black shoes on. I make sure I'm careful with the new bandages on me.

"About an hour," Lucas says in his room.

"WHAT?!"

"Just kidding. He's been here for about ten minutes."

I tie my hair in a quick ponytail. Revealing my Golden streak running across my head. Honestly, my dark blue hair and streak totally matched with the outfit.

I splash some water in my face to clean all the gunk, dry it, and sprint outside the door.

"Why are you in such a hurry?" Lucas asks.

"I'm not one to be late. Not always at least." I swing his room door open to see his parents in the living room.

"Oh, Juliet. Good morning." Lucas's mother says as she hands her husband a stack of pancakes.

"Good morning Mr. and Mrs. Baxton. Thank you so much for allowing me to stay."

Lucas joins me by my side as I talk with his mother. "You're very welcome, sweetie. Our house is open any time for you. " I send her a warm smile. I turn to Lucas and we come together in a tight embrace.

"Thanks, Luke. I really appreciate it." He wraps his arms around my waist in return.

"No problem."

We separate and Lucas opens his front door for me. Immediately, Optimus was parked by the curb waiting for me. I dash down the stairs and stop by Optimus's car form.

"When will we see each other again?!" Lucas asks. I turn to him to answer.

"I don't think anytime soon. I'll text you!" He holds his thumbs up in agreement and watches me enter Optimus.

"Sorry, Optimus. I over slept." I sit in his passengers seat as his engine heaves and drives toward the school.

"Apology accepted, Juliet." Optimus says in his deep authoritative voice. Honestly, I die a little inside. He's just too......amazing! But who am I kidding? I'll never end up with a Prime. Especially Optimus. I doubt he'll have his processor off Elita yet. Who knows?

"If it is alright that I ask, who was that young man you were with?" Why is the Prime getting so suspicious of who I'm with now? Just because he's my partner doesn't mean he can get into my personal life.

"Who Lucas? He's a friend of mine." Optimus makes a left turn to reveal the school up ahead.

"Have you encountered anything suspicious last night, Juliet?" He asks me all of a sudden. When he says suspicious does he mean when Arcee saw me? If that's so then I am so busted.