Chapter 12: Spectrum

Optimus sets me down and I quickly crawl to the edge of the cliff and sit, making my legs dangle at the edge. My partner does have a way with words. No wonder he was made a Prime. Along with his deep, authoritative voice, the words he used totally completed him.

I faintly feel the loud thumping in the soil as Big O makes takes a seat next to me. Slightly ignoring him, I stare out into the setting sun. Over the horizon, right above the monstrous canyons about to hide it, there's several amounts of Orange, Yellow, Red, and Blue. The scant clouds above seem to have scattered, making it seem like the sky were a puzzle, and then slowly coming together as they touch the setting sun in the distance. The clouds near the sun are shaded in a bright yellow, and red. In the shaded areas, the clouds turn a color of very dark blue. The sky above us descending from a bright baby blue, then into a dark shade of violet. Once in a while, a couple of birds would flutter across the sky. The land below, full of rocky canyons and a thick forest not far from where we are. There aren't any trees from what I see. Not many at least. I used my non-human vision to find that the base is about five miles from here. I move my hands around the sandy ground, making my hands brush against a few small keen rocks. I lift up my hands to see what the dirt did to them. The few rocks were stuck onto my skin left a few scratches in me, causing a bit of energon to ooze out of my wound.

Humans are such a weak race. This Earth planet they live in is even more so. Such delicate beings, that if any Cybertronian were to pick them up and squeeze the fleshling ever so slightly, they would almost instantly die. Maybe not even us. What a fragile creation. Soon, I don't know when, but when I can freely expose my alien self to the autobots, I don't think I will ever return to my human body.

I quickly wipe my hand on my clothes before Optimus could see it. I break away from my wavering thoughts and bring my attention to the autobot leader. His large servos by his side, legs also over the edge, and Optics focused on the colorful spectrum. I gaze up at him to notice something very peculiar. He too was admiring the view. Although his expressions show no emotion, I know, that deep inside he wants to. You can't hide forever, Prime. I'll find a way to crack you.

I watch Optimus take it all in. After Cybertron went dark, I never knew something could be so beautiful. The sunrises were breathtaking, and the sunsets, even more. Almost every evening, once the sun was about to set, as humans refer to it, an Aurora Borealis danced across the sky. They adorned it with a blood orange, a light green, and a crystal blue. They looked like they were radiating from the sun. I haven't seen any Borealis on Earth yet. Honestly, I don't want to. Although they are alluring, they bring back to many painful memories that I wish not to lure back.

****Flashback****

"Have you heard the rumors of a war uprising? We have to investigate, FireBlossom."

My best friend drags me through Crystal City. In a section where everywhere you look, bots operate their own small businesses. Other bots heading over to them trying to buy what they have to sell. I guess this part of the city could be called a mall.

"Pish posh. They're just rumors, but we'll talk about that later." FireBlossom's grip tightens around my wrist as I bump into bots that are in the way. 'Sorry. Excuse me. Pardon me. Oh Primus, did I hurt you?' I said all those a couple times before we suddenly stop at a small booth. FireBlossom doesn't loosen her grip, only to pull me right next to her.

"You got the credits?" She asks. Why she was asking me for credits, I have no clue, but I always have a little credit on me.

"Always, but why?"

"Just give it to me. You'll thank me later." I give Blossom a curious look, but I trust her to use my credits wisely. I take out the credits, holding them in my servo.