Chapter 10: Secrets to Tell

We enter the ground bridge with Jack and Arcee leading, and the first thing I see is dark alley way. There's a street going across a few yards in front of us, and we drive by the curb. A siren wails in the distance, horns honking, along with towering architecture. There was blue sky with clouds that looked like popcorn or little marshmallows. 

"Whoa." Jack takes it all in. As do I. Back on Cybertron, we had a city. Crystal City. It was the most grand, famous city for its elegance in construction and scientific minds. 

I stick my head out the window, Miko does the same. "Of course, it's no Cybertron." Not even close. Bee continues to drive to the left. Since I have no idea where the subway tunnels are, I let Miko give directions. 

::So how do we get underground, Jewel?:: Bee asks through a series of beeps. 

"I don't know. I don't know anything about Manhattan. You'll have to ask Miko." I turn to look at Miko who has a grin from ear to ear. 

"Okay." She says. "There has to be some subway tunnels in almost every corner so..." Miko sticks her head out the window to search. "Aha! Over there." Bee drives to where Miko said and honks the horn for Jack and Arcee. I wave over to them, and they come driving over. "Check it out!" She shouts. "Construction. A fact of life in the big city."  

"Okay then, lets get down there." Too impatient to look for stairs, I jump the railing. I receive a shout and a couple gasps from the guys up there. "Juliet!" They all shout at the same time. I land perfectly on my two feet, and start laughing. "What?" I ask. "I can take care of myself. I'm not that reckless." They all have relieved expressions once they hear I'm okay. Except for Arcee and BumbleBee because they're in their vehicle mode. 

"How are we gonna get down there?" Asks Jack. 

"Is anyone looking our direction?" Arcee asks. I see Miko and Jack turning their torsos to check their surroundings. 

"Nope. All clear." Jack says. Arcee and Bee transform, quickly grabbing Miko and Jack, and jumping the railing. When they land, the ground shakes a little, but not too noticeable.

 "Shall we?" I ask. They put the kids down and we begin to walk through the tunnel. We get deeper and deeper still. We finally had to be careful of tripping over some train tracks. We continue to walk until someone shouts. 

"BumbleBee, don't move!" I hear Jack yell. Bee has his arms up and one ped off the ground. Electricity zaps from his foot to the rail. He buzzes. ::What! What is it?:: I stare at the tracks suspiciously. 

"The third rail." Jack says. "It carries electricity to power the subway trains." Good thing he didn't step on it. 

"One touch and zap! You're fried." Miko simplifies. Well I guess I learn something new everyday. Bee jumps and hurls over the railings, trying to be as careful as possible. 

::Well we better not step on them, then. Thanks for the warning.:: Bee takes the lead, while I stay back with the kids. ::Hey, Arcee! Watch out for the rail.:: 

"He must have learned something about that on TV or something." Miko says, but to answer her question, no. We didn't have TVs on Cybertron. We would normally go see the gladiators brawl in the pits of Kaon. FireBlossom and I, at least. That was always entertaining to watch. In fact, I've only gone to Megatronous's matches a couple times, but when I did, I was entranced. What a fine handsome mech he was. On this world, girls and other humans obsess about boy bands or something of the sort. On Cybertron, we obsessed over the young, warm hearted, and loving Megatronus. To bad he became the leader of the Decepticons, when Blossom and I heard the news, we were completely spark broken.