Chapter 2: Screw Things Up

Lucas and I make our way up the stairs of some College in Jasper Nevada. He and I volunteered to help out with a couple things there. I got nothing else to do, might as well try to be human. I chose something simple for clothing, as a human would. I've greatly gained knowledge about them. I'm trying hard to forget about my past, but, to be honest, if anyone were to call me by my commander name, I'd still respond out of habit. I chose a cyan blue tank top, like my optics in my other form, and some simple jeans. I wrap my hair in ponytail, leaving my perfect golden streak run across my midnight blue hair. I have to say, with my bright blue eyes, I look smashing for a wanna-be human. 

Lucas strolls behind me, carrying a heavy box full of supplies needed by the professors. "Need any help there, Luke?" He grips the box tighter, making his arms and hands shake violently, and sweats as if he were a sinner in church. Or in a Cybertronian case, well...we don't sweat at all now that I come to think of it.

"N-nope. Thanks, Jewel." For reasons unknown, he calls me Jewel. I thought he would be calling me Julie or something. I pause in front of him, making him bump into me. But I stay sturdy as a mech in the Pits of Kaon. I can't necessarily control the strength I have in my Cybertronian form in this fleshy, weak body. Lucas stumbles back and misses a step. I snatch the box from him and carry it with ease. He looks at me with astonishment.

"I uh...forgot how strong you were, Jewel." Excuses, excuses.

I continue my way up the stairs until I reach the front door. Lucas quickly rushes in front of me to be a gentleman. "Oh don't give me that scrap." I say playfully. "I know you're too weak." I shift the box to one arm, holding it in place. I use my free hand to lightly punch his shoulder. 

"Hey! I'm not weak! You're..." Lucas looks down at my arms and at the heavy box. "...You're probably on steroids or something." He retorts. Steroids? I have no knowledge on that yet. I look at him. Confusion spreading all over my face. 

"What's that?"

"What's what?" We continue to walk and Lucas's head held high looking forward.

"Steroids." Lucas's head snaps toward mine. Shock and surprise filling his gorgeous grey/blue eyes. "You have to be kidding me, Juliet!"

"No, I am not kidding." I really wanted to know what it meant. It's like my processor just begs for knowledge, and it's normal. Back on Cybertron, before the war, I crossed paths with a mech named Orion Pax. Once I found out that he studied in the Iocon Hall of records, all I could do was drown him with my questions. Very unlike a leader, but he didn't mind and was a nice mech and answered most of them for me. But unlike Orion, Lucas shakes his head in disappointment.

"Jewel, you're the smartest person I know. How could you not know what steroids are?" I decided to stop the conversation there. Without answering him, I reach my destination. I shift the box in my arms to make sure I have a good grip on it. I face two large doors that lead to a Philosophy class. Lucas once again reaches for the handles and opens the doors for me. "Thank you." He sends me a nod. As the doors swing open, I could feel everyone's eyes staring at me. My back, to be more specific. My back was facing them while I placed the 300 pound box of supplies next to the professor's desk, landing with a loud thud.

"Whoa nellie, girl. You've got some strong arms." I back away and nod. "You're welcome, Mr. Goodman." Lucas waits for me by the door. I spot him looking at me. Or, my back. I grab his arm and drag him outside the school. "Where do you wanna go?" He asks. I lift my eyebrows at him and cock my head to the side a little.

"Where else would us loners go? The woods!" He gives me a smirk, of course that's all he can do when all I want to do is explore and know more about this world.