Chapter 4: Scrap!

I only took this opportunity to volunteer because, well, as before, I have nothing to do. And I really don't want to spend all my time with Lucas. He's fun and all, but I need some time to myself. Sometimes I just want to ditch him, and then I won't have to be telling almost every single aspect of my day to him. Just me, reporting to me. No, I can't do that. He's my best friend. I'll probably never find someone like him again. I need to learn how to keep my cool all over again.

There's about twenty minutes until the high school gets out, and I'm late. Late to my work at least. I work my legs up the stairs until I reach the front doors of the school office. I place my cold hand on the handle and quickly open the door. Right when I enter, there's a lady at the front desk on a phone call. She sees me and holds a finger up, signalling for me to wait. I look for a place to sit and find a couple of chairs. I sit there and just gaze at all the artwork that the teens did for their class. I'm assuming that the best ones get put up on the office wall, because these pieces of artwork are spectacular.

There's one where it looks like some kind of metal thing. I really don't know but it looks a little worn down and it's beginning to rust.

"Can I help you, ma'am?" My thoughts were pulled back when the lady at the front desk calls for me. I stand up and head over to her. "Yes. I am here to see..." I dig into my right pocket for a piece of paper that says who I am supposed to see. "...Mr. Calvin." I finish. She quickly types away on her laptop and presses a number on the phone on her desk. She mumbles something into the phone and hangs up.

"Yes, he'll see you now. Take a right when you exit this building and keep going straight. There will be a door right in front of you."

"Thank you." I exit the building and take a right as told. I walk straight and finally, I see the door that led to my destination. I take a deep breath before opening the door. I only did that because I forgot to cover up my 'tattoo' on my back, and the last thing I need is people staring. I move my hair to my back so that my hair would cover it up. Okay, I walk in and immediately, I see this asian girl with pink highlights in her hair, giving a presentation.

"Ah, Miss Juliet. Please take a seat over here." Mr. Calvin orders me to a seat by his desk. I gladly take it and then focus my eyes on the girl. And then I see...Is that...Cybertron? Oh my frag. Holy Primus that's Cybertron! Wait, how does this person know about my home planet? I'm sitting there amazed and full of confusion at the same time. Meanwhile the other students look at the planet with disgust. Including the teacher.

"Miss Nakadai, what planet would that be?" I can't say how precise she made this. There's one big ball in the middle: Cybertron, and the other two the must be orbiting around it is our moons. Except, they look like a hunk of dented metal. One of the wreckers back on Cybertron could have made that.

"Um...Cybertron?" I quickly check all of my hard drives to see if there's any record of a message or some bot finding humans. I continue to scan, and there it is: This is Optimus Prime. To all surviving autobots who hear this message, I ask you to join me in a remote corner of the galaxy, on a small planet rich with Energon. I have reason to believe this world will soon become a new target of decepticon conquest. Our team is small but strong. Join me at these coordinates, so that we might plan our resistance. Safe journeys.

How could I have missed this message? It's about three solar cycles old! And Optimus? He's alive?! This is a little too much to handle. First a human knows of our existence, and now there are autobots, MY KIND, on this planet! Better yet, a close friend is here.

"Young lady? Are you alright?" The teacher asks me. I was at the edge of my chair and my mouth wide open. I didn't even notice. Everyone, including miss punk standing over there is watching me. I fix my posture and sit straight on the chair and close my mouth, acting as if nothing happened.