Chapter 14

I decided to sleep in late today since my orders were to skip school and leave home even though it was noted I wouldn't be at school today.

While I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth, I realized that I was going out with Gene and I started to hesitate about even going out with him anymore.

Every time I think or hear about him, the first word that comes to mind is no.. but when he's talking to me, I get timid and submit and.. a lot of other things! I didn't understand.

Not only that. How can we make plans and not have each other's numbers? It's a good thing he knows where I live.

I was mad because I felt disorganized, something I hate to be sometimes.

I need a therapist, this is too much.

I walked out of the bathroom and looked at the time. Twenty minutes after eleven. I decided to dress one time, just in case he came early.

I picked out some light brown sandals with little gold triangles on the straps and a dress made of a bumblebee shade of yellow. I decided to let my hair flow and placed on a very light beige floppy hat that belonged to my mother.

I painted my toenails to match and added some lip gloss.

I hope I hadn't gone all out, I feel decent...

I should've called Hope but I didn't want her to know I was going out, especially with a dude.......
that was Gene.

By the time I was done, it was 12:30 pm and I heard a knock on the door. I grabbed a random purse and stashed some money, my phone and house keys in it.

I opened the door and he stood there in blue ripped jeans, black and white Converse and a white long-sleeve shirt that stopped just a bit below his elbows because it was folded at the end.

I took a deep breath.

"You look.. nice." He said.

"Uh.. thank you, I tried, honestly." I give him an unsure smile. He looked me up and down before he saw my purse and pointed at it.

"Where do you think you are going with that?"

"Huh?" I looked at it. "Oh, I brought it just in case I saw something I liked. Plus we are going out to brunch."

"That I begged you to go on how many times? So I should be treating you."
I gave him a confused look.
"Leave it home."

I slowly took out my keys and phone then threw the bag somewhere.

He took them placing them into his pockets.

"Shall we?" He asked moving out of the doorway for me to pass, walking to the car. "We can go eat around two or three."
I nod.
"Where do you want to go until then?"

I gave it a little thought process until we got into the car.

"The mall...?"

"Sure." He said before putting the car in reverse and driving off.

The car ride on the way there was silent as I looked out the window at all the houses, trees, people and everything else we flew pass.

A ringtone broke the silence.

When I checked it was mine and who was calling? Hope. I dugged it out of his pocket quickly and answered.

"Hello..?"

"Lo! What are you doing?"

"Just some, stuff.. why?"

"I'm coming over, I am in a mood for girls' time and we have to talk about the sorority meeting I just came from."