Chapter 12

I stared at him for I could not believe the words that just came out of his mouth.

"What?...."

"You heard me." He looked at me as if what he just said didn't faze him.
"Think about it, where else could she be at this moment then? She was sent to get you from class and was ahead of you when walking back to the office, so I wouldn't have seen you both. And when you left the office, she still wasn't at her desk. At the end of this hall is only a bathroom which I just came from, so what could she be doing in there for so long unless she is constipated?"

"Cause she never passed either of us..."

He smiled, nodding his head after I finally saw his point. I was disgusted and felt nasty that I had to walk in and witness it. I looked towards him with a pale face.

"Aww, Cupcakke." He sat up chuckling. "Everyone has to do it at some point in their lives."
I give him a look and he laughed.
"Yes, even you."

I scoffed.

"You're delusional."

"I am?" He said getting closer to my face.

"Yess....." I moved my head away from his and prayed my voice wouldn't break any further.

"Mm.." His eyes were glued to mine as he got closer again. "Well, hopefully, my delusion gets even worse and makes you kiss me."

I started to sweat. I wanted to jump up and run away but I was fastened to my seat. As soon as his lips were about to brush mine, the door opened with a bang causing me to push him back quickly but gently.

Out came the secretary whose hair was tangled up all over the place in a tight bun, stumbling.
"The principal will see you now." She steadied her voice.

"Well, good God! We've been waiting out here forever." Gene exaggerated. I used my leg to hit his, signalling to cut it out and he returned a sly smile.

"Okay, he can go first," I said. The sooner he's done the quicker he's out of my hair. Gene looked over to me with an eyebrow raised.

"Actually, she wants both of you."
Gene and I looked over at her in unison as she walked back inside.

"Now I wonder, where she appeared from all of a sudden.. couldn't be from out here. I certainly didn't feel any presence.... did you?"

"Shut up," I said as we both got up together, going inside.

"Just proving my point further."

We walked behind her until she made her way to her desk. Gene kept making jabs at her, nearly getting himself in trouble and I had to set my foot down on him.
It was like trying to train a baby not to put things in its mouth that shouldn't be. I had a headache and after all of this, I just wanted to go home.

We entered the principal's office and she was in there fixing her hair along with a stack of papers, placing them neatly on her desk. Gene closed the door behind us with a slam, causing her to look up and glare.

I facepalmed myself on the inside but kept a straight face.

"Ms. Jacobs.." She paused before saying his name with such hate. "Mr. Daniels."

"Hi!..." I said with an unsure shake in my voice while Gene placed his hands in both pockets, calmly. It seems he and the principal already have some issues with one another.
Just Great!!!

No one said anything just bare awkward silence and death stares. If only looks could kill.

"Right." She said suddenly, jumping me. "Let me make this quick, so this child can get out of my eyesight as quickly as possible so I won't strangle him." She said under her breath, targeting him.

"Well, that's quite a nice thing to say," Gene smirked. "But I don't think that's not the only thing you wanted out of your eyesight. In fact... something else caught your eyesight and you wanted it to strangle you... very roughly. "
Miss Gross went wide eye and so did I.
"Or maybe I should be even nicer and go to the ministry for the little pillow talk, you and blondie back there just had after sex."

I choked!!

He sat on her desk and stared her right in the eye with no expression. Her face turned red from embarrassment and anger.

"Are you mad? Dang! Cause I think that certain thing sent you crazy from what I heard."

"Get off my desk!" She barked with a scowl. He smiled politely at her before hopping off the desk with boldness coming back to my side. She took a deep breath. "Ms. Jacobs, I have brought you here not only to commend you on your splendid academic success so far throughout the year because last year was absolutely unacceptable."

I kept quiet but I hoped she didn't go into detail about it with company being here.

"What happened last year?" Gene asked looking between the two of us for an answer.

"I have a request." She said ignoring him as she picked up a pen playing with it around her fingers. I tried my best not to be involved with their little feud. "That's part of the reason he's here." She pointed towards Gene with the end of the pen.

He reached forward to grab at it but she moved it out of the way quickly giving him another glare while he returned a sly smile.

"Annnddd... what might that be?" I asked befuddled and my eyebrow raised. She sighed before continuing.

"We need someone to keep an eye on Mr. Daniels and make sure he keeps his grades up to maintain the quality of this school's reputation and the only person that came to mind of that straight excellency... was you."

"Um, thanks but.. shouldn't you be looking for someone in his year to teach him? It only makes sense because I don't know what they will be teaching in Senior year."

"You are a fast student so you will catch on or if that's not the case, I will have each of his teachers contact you about the work being done. So do we have a deal?"

"What am I getting from this?"

"What do you mean?" She straightened herself.

"After all my hard work, what will I be gaining from this because I am letting up my free time," I said with my arms folded.

"I never thought you were that type of person that always has to get something in return."

I shrugged my shoulders.
"I mean it's not like we're friends. I don't associate myself with him."

"I understand, who can tolerate him anyway?" She added. Gene was taken aback as he looked between the two of us without saying anything. "Look, I'll see what type of guerdon I can provide for you, just give it two weeks."

"Hmm.."

"In the meantime, You! Mr. Daniels, will heed to everything Ms. Jacobs says and tell you to-"

"Don't mind if I do." He said as he looked down at me with a smile and a spark in his eyes. I looked up at him, my body became tense and uneasy.

Miss Gross's eyes flickered between the two of us before clearing her throat and giving a little look.

"As I was saying, you will do as she says and if any rude remarks are made I will deal with you personally, myself. Understood?"

"Wouldn't be the first time you dealt with someone personally." He said under his breath with his hands in his pockets looking off to the side. I on the other hand had to swallow the built-up spit.

"Excuse me?!!" She stood up from her chair, pushing it back with force so I knew I had to step in.

I walked in front of Gene, grabbing his arm and pushing him behind me but holding him close, getting in between the two of them before she could have said anything else when her lips parted far away from each other.

"He's going to be in safe hands ma'am! You can count on me to get him on track in his academics."

"And Manners!"

"And... manners."
She glared at him before sighing and nodding her head.

"Well, go on then... get out of my sight."