Chapter 24

Exams are over for the year, finally! Some of those exams were of course for AP classes and there is no doubt in denying that I passed and will be moving on up to my Junior year. The question that begs is if everyone passed too, especially Hope. I know she tried and worked soooo hard this year and it would be a shame if all of that work got put to waste. Every year is just going to be even more challenging than the last and I can see how everyone is struggling as well, just to manage with the little low paying jobs for their student loans and to keep up with their school work and class credits at the same time. That is why some persons would just give up and quit, walking out on future possibilities for themselves. However... enough about the exams because it is officially summer. It had started about two weeks ago so we have eleven more weeks left of vacation. I could remember almost everyone bursting through the doors of the school, flooding out onto the streets, into the roads while the rest preferred to stay on campus which sometimes led to their only option of having a place to rest their head. The last person, I ever recalled talking to on that day was Hope... of course. I never talk to anyone else... but even so, now that I think about it, I do not even remember what she was saying. I was so zoned out on that day, I didn't even remember that she existed.

You are such a wonderful friend Lo! I am sure Hope would agree.
I rolled my eyes as I thought to myself.

How could I not even remember that my one friend from freshman year existed? And why am I not even at least ashamed about it? Well it is not like we are the bestest of friends, so I guess it is a valid feeling.

I haven't even heard a peep from Gene neither. Every since, I tutored him, the only time I ever heard or saw him was during school, but he never showed up unannounced like he started to do for some strange reason or even tried to pressure me into going out with him. I figured he was busy, especially dealing with exams... he is a Junior after all but it did made me feel left out. Who knows why?
I believe he rubbed off on me... otherwise there would be no good explanation as to why I want him to be around me. Could it be that I am finally ready to open up and welcome new persons into my life? Having friends... to be there, whenever I need them? For the past two weeks, I sat in this apartment alone with the frequent visitation of the woman head in my life... popping in and out unexpectedly... and drunk.

No siblings. Nothing to stress my head over and honestly... I am glad, I have no siblings. They can be the most annoying pests ever to be existed or brought into your life whether young or old but however, having those critters around can make your life less lonely because look at me. I have money due to my father's way of living, so there is no need for me to go job hunting until after my studies, if I choose to do so. I am already a top student and there is no one who can surpass me so the need of competition is a no factor. My life is a dream where some persons would love to trade with me but... when you have to repeat the same things over with nothing new added to the mix, you want it to stop.

I sat on the couch, staring at the blank screen, the balcony doors open as the wind blew in through the dark, lit night. My eyes were heavy but I was so focused on my thoughts, that it wasn't that important to me anymore. My mind felt as though it was not in my control anymore as memories of Hope, old and new with Gene tagging along persisted on living rent free in my brain to make a movie. The smiles... laughter, arguments... kisses.... were warming me on the inside. It eventually became too much that I did not even notice that I was a goner.

There was darkness once again but this time I was able to move more freely, it reminded me of that one weird dream with that old creepy man however... this one felt different given the circumstances.

I looked all around me and saw nothing. I searched for the door that I saw the last time I had this weird dream. I proceeded to move as I searched through the darkness.

Why are you trying to find something by looking in the darkness? What is that going to accomplish?
I stopped as what I thought did had a point until I looked to my left.

There stood a man... fair skin, in a black long sleeve turtleneck with some blue jeans that were a bit baggy, but he looked good.

"Hello!! Hi!" I said walking towards him. His head slightly turned to the side for he was backing me and I saw his dark brown eyes slowly eyed me, as I got closer before he fully turned around.

His hands in his pockets and a stone cold face. No response came from out of him.

When I stopped about four feet away from him, the features that God had given him were coming to play with your hearts. He looked around twenty four years old and had that bit of a rugged 1980's look to him. A RBF with smoldering, piercing dark brown eyes had me felt like I was cornered in cage, trapped... and he...

His hair was a medium ash brown color placed into in a side swept fringe with the one part of his hair that hangs over his big head being so long that it stops by his nose, underneath his right eye.

He reminds me of someone I know due to how almost similar they look to one another.

We stood there in silence, just staring at each other. By then I figured he wanted me to just continue speaking so we can get this over with but he was rude and did not respond to me when I had called him, so I refused to say anything... and also because his looks were so captivating.

I placed my hands in front of me and rocked a little bit, back and forth for dramatic effect to let him know I wasn't going to say anything until he at the least... say something back.

He closes his eyes and breaths out heavily almost as if I frustrated him. I watched him closely from head to toe, slowly becoming excited by the smallest things. My eyes moved to his lips, as he slightly licked his soft rosy bottom lip before shutting his mouth. I gulped. My eyes then moved to meet his.

He probably saw me gawking at him! Eek!!
I freaked.

He raised one of his eyebrows and I took it as a "What do you want?" Kind of non-verbal expression so I proceeded with what it is I wanted from him.

"Did you ever see... or come across an old, white hair man that look like Gandalf?"