Chapter 8

I sat by the counter staring down at the piece of paper. I didn't know what to do. I should be making my way to school by now but instead, I was wasting time contemplating whether to call him or not... which was a big decision.

I shrugged, placing it underneath a flask so it won't blow away and headed out the door.

I was still fuming over what happened yesterday.

"Bella is my girlfriend!!" I mocked. It annoyed me that men act that way.. but so do women...

I reached school, complaining all the way without thinking.
I breeze through all my classes for the morning and headed to my dorm room with Hope complaining some more.

"I don't even know why he wants to be around me all the time, it's ridiculous!!"

"I didn't even know you guys were spending this much time together, now that's ridiculous, but also marks as progress."
I side-eye her before unlocking the door shaking my head.
"Seriously, this is good news! A new kid comes in, becomes popular as soon as he steps foot through the door, and sees one of the best-looking Sophomores around, including me." She exaggerated. "And falls in love, how hard is that?"

"You forgot to mention and has a girlfriend."
Hope's mouth dropped.

"Really, who???"

"Bella Kinch... Stinch... Flinch. Whatever her name is!"

"Oh my God..." She placed her hand over her gaping mouth.

"I know, sucks. I just don't understand why he won't leave me alone. Even with the fact he's dating someone... what's so interesting about me that you would do that? And to all people... her or anything associated with her."

"Even I can't answer that question.." Hope said calmly. "You are just a fun, calm and relaxing person to be around, I guess..."

"Yeah but even so, he just met me and we not too long started talking, how can he even tell? It all sounds like hocus pocus to me."

"Or maybe it's because I like you."
I turned and there he was standing behind me.
"I always thought you were a Junior so believe my surprise when I asked a teacher about you."

I remained silent, my face straight and disgust was written throughout my body language. He reacted awkwardly when he picked it up, but can you blame him? When you are trying to play two girls at the same time eventually one is going to pick it up. Especially when one of them is the smarter one.

"I brought these for you... I was just going to drop them off at the door but... you beat me to it." He handed them to me smiling ever so sweetly.

"Oh my gosh!" Hope exclaimed. "Red roses!!"

"I'm allergic to these," I said eyeing him. "Ow!!"
Hope kicked me in the ankle.

"I still want you to go lunch with me."

"We aren't on any good terms for me to be going anywhere with you." I folded my arms. Hope squeezed the bridge of her nose with her head held down.

"I..." He said nothing for a while. "Anything you want... I will get it for you."

"Is that what you told Bella as well?"

"No! I don't have the same feelings for Bella as I do for you."

"Yet, she's your girlfriend."

"Why do you care if she's my girlfriend or not? That has nothing to do with this situation!"

"THAT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THIS SITUATION!!"

"Lo stop yelling.." Hope said trying to defuse the situation.

"In fact... forget it, because there's no situation.... there's nothing, no us.. no you... no Bella. We will continue living our lives separately without having any confrontation-"

"So.. you want me to suppress my feelings towards you?" His voice was getting deeper. I can tell he was frustrated and was getting very agitated with me.

"Suppress everything about me." I took a deep breath. "There will be rules to this. We never talked to one another, we know nothing about the other, we're not interested in the other even if people try to ship us." I glanced at Hope who looked at me in disbelief.

"I-"

"I'M NOT DONE!!" I breathe out slowly. "We're not to look in the other's direction because that's their business, no dreams or fantasies. You will live your life fantasizing with your Bella becoming one happy beauty and the beast love story, while I will be the library and keep my distance because as you can tell, you barely hear anything about the library."

He scoffed shaking his head slightly in annoyance, and the corners of his lips turned into a snarl.
"You are ridiculous."

"And you are unbelievable!!" I threw the flowers back at him, making a mess on the floor. I ran into my dorm, locking it in the meantime.

After a few minutes of hiding behind the door.
"Lo!! Open up!!!" Hope started banging on the opposite side. I said nothing hoping they would just leave and see that I'm not in the mood. "All of this is ridiculous, let's talk about this like the grown men and women we are."

"Since you are on his side, you can stay out there with him!!"

"Lo, don't be silly. I'm not picking any side to things!"

"Even more of a reason why you shouldn't be in here. Now Go!"
There was silence before the banging started back up again. I didn't move an inch until eventually muffled voices could be heard and footsteps slowly moved away from the door.

I breathed a sigh of relief, placing my head in my lap.