Chapter 6

He smiled but not much. Hope was flipping off the roof, I knew it was hard for her to keep her composure. He waited patiently for me to say yes, so I took a deep breath as my head started to hurt because I was unsure of what I wanted.

"No!" I said causing both of them to look at me in confusion. His expression quickly changes. "This is exactly what I was talking about."
God, he's cute when he's mad but I can't look into those stone-cold eyes shooting daggers at me that way. It was like they were sending out a warning.

"Lot-"

"No! He's using me, to get what he wants..."

"I don't think that's the case-"

"What do you want from me? Money? Homework? Plaything? Someone to pick on." I closed the gap between us looking up at him for he was very tall. I started slapping him in his chest. His jaw tighten and his eyebrows furrowed making no reaction to me hitting him as he leaned against the wall. His head was low and his hair covered his face.

"Lo Stop!!!"

"What is it that you want from me?" I said. I kept hitting him even more. Some students who were close by stood and watch but dare not to approach.

But before I can get a few more hits in he had enough, and grabbed both my wrists with one hand, twisting me around till my back was facing him, his grip tight. He leaned in close to my ear as I felt his minty Colgate breath slithering around my neck.

"What I want..."
I held my breath because I felt like crying.
"Is for you to go to lunch with me, that's all." After a while, he loosened his grip letting go of me in the meantime.

Why was I acting this way, especially towards him of all people?

But why do you hate him so much if he's done nothing wrong?

Even though I hate to admit it... my mind was right. Why do I even hate him in the first place? He hasn't been anything but nice to me so far and I was being nothing but insecure and rude back.

I decided to go with him and try to start over.

"No!!" I ran... I ran away from him, crashing into other people along the way, leaving Hope with him. Like a coward.

Eventually, I'm going to talk to him when I have settled down. I don't know what's going on with me, why I'm acting this way but I need to set myself straight before making any more decisions.

~~~~~~

I sat on a bench at a bus stop with my head low. I wanted to start walking home right away but I was too drained. The situation that happened at lunch kept playing over in my head. Especially how upset he was afterwards made me feel bad at how I reacted towards him.

I couldn't even focus on my work in classes... What was I thinking?

No, I shouldn't doubt my actions. That's how they want you to feel so you can pity them and let them get away with what they want. Stupid frat boys...

Memories flooded through my mind. Memories of Darnell, how happy we were... how we were always there for each other, basically couple goals.... until, the other moments that came with it.

What happened between me and him I will never forget. I took out my phone and looked back at our old messages. The main ones that lead to our situation today.

BaE

Hey babe! How was work today?

Wanna go out?