Chapter 25

The guy raised his eyebrows in questioning before they furrowed and he shook his head. I further explained the reason why I was looking for an old creepy man. Why it even mattered? How it all began. Why I am still bothered by it? And the fact that I need answers as to why I am having these bizarre dreams about people I don't know.

The random guy just remained neutral and expressionless which made it super difficult just to try and guess what he was thinking.

After my hard work of not trying to miss any detail in my explanation, all he did was shrug his shoulders and proceed to walk away from me... as if I was annoying the daylights out of him.

I jog up to him.

"Where are you going?" 
No response.
"Hey!" I pulled his arm which resulted in me stopping him in his tracks as he turned down to look at me. I tried to catch my breath. He walks really quickly and on top of that, I may be small but I am not athletic.

He just watched me, suffering to catch a clean breath of air before moving his gaze to my hand still holding onto his arm. I let go instantly and he dusted off the area I touched.

"I don't know where your grandpa is... now leave me alone and actually go look for him."
I gawked at him with my mouth open in shock which made him give me a questionable look.

"Wow... he speaks..."

He rolled his eyes before looking at me like... really?

"One... he's not... my "grandpa" and secondly..."  I paused to take one final deep breath. "You are the second person I have seen in this... whatever it is, dimension and I am not going to be in this darkness alone on my own!"
He said nothing else as he continued walking where he was going and I proceeded to follow him but in silence.

Later, we soon came across this dark brown door with a rusty golden knob. He opened and pushed it lightly, with ease.

A bright single exposed bulb left the room with a yellow shine. Inside it, was a one-person-sized bed with iron bars for the bedframe, a stained covered mattress in a fading bed sheet and a flat pillow with no casing placed on the right side of the room.

The room was very small, perfectly fitted for one person. In the middle of the room there was a big green carpet designed in a spiral square and on top of that carpet was a small oval wooden table with two chairs facing each other.

There was a sink, a refrigerator, a counter and a stove on the opposite side of the room where the bed was located.

I took a deep breath. A place so cramped yet simple was just what an introvert like I needed. This didn't feel like a dream... almost as if it were reality but in a faraway country.

The boy sat down on the of the chairs and closed his eyes with his head, resting on the back of the chair. I sat in the other and watched him intensely. A gorgeous man he was but yet seemed so haughty.

He slowly brought his head from out of the clouds and back down to my level, as his eyes flattered sultry towards me with a burning gaze, as if he desired me.

"What is the purpose of you coming in here?" He asked in a rushed voice.

"Calm it down, there is no need for all of the confrontational aggression."
He rolled his eyes at me, in boredom.
"You are just a dream anyways."

"Then... wake up."

I jolted out of my sleep randomly, in confusion and when I checked the time, it was after 10:00 am.

Great! Now you slept in from school.

I don't even understand how I managed to sleep through my daily, regular alarm which I not too long ago started setting it to 4:30 am from 4:00 am.

I got up and instantly went to shower, brush my teeth and do all the same thing boring stuff you do to prepare for the day. Afterwards, I head to the kitchen and decided between treating myself or going simple.

Even though I am being labelled as a nerd or whatever popular kids want to stamp on my character, I have completed all of my exams and from what I can recall... it was almost a choice whether or not to go to school.

However, I eventually settled down for a nice omelet with freshly cut and washed vegetables, consisting of tomatoes, green bell peppers, onions, lettuce and a pinch of salt. A nice cup of orange juice would go no wrong with my breakfast.

I planted my pale pooch on the couch with a plate on my lap and juice on the floor. I wore a very short oriental blue that is a type of teal boy shorts that I own. A big baggy plain white T-shirt, that I lift the front a bit to be longer in the back.

I turned on the television on some cartoon network to binge watch and it showed The Amazing World of Gumball, which satisfied me instantly until my feet began to get cold.

Damn!

I thought to myself.

I headed upstairs to grab some nice knee-length white socks to put on and sat right back on the couch.

Several rapid knocks came to the door.

I sighed.

As soon as I sit back down.

I walked over to the door and opened it to see Gene.

"Don't you have school?" I folded my arms and propped on the doorway.

"Good Morning to you too."

"Mmm." I fold my lips while looking to the side. "What are you doing here?"

"I saw you were not at school, so I-"

"You left  school to come here, just because I wasn't there?"

"Yeah..."

"Wow! The dedication..."
He gave a faint smile.
"For what?"

"I wanted to see you."

"Gene... I have not heard from you since even before exams started so I don't see the reason for you being here now."

"I apologize Cupcakke but I have been busy-"

"Soo busy you could not even at the least send me a message stating that?"
He winced at the sentence.
"What?"

"I forgot that I had your number."

I stood there with a straight expression but you could tell that I was in disbelief. I no longer had the strength nor words to continue any further. I then proceeded to walk away from him and shut the door behind me.

He stopped the door from closing all the way and eased himself in, then let the door close gently.