Chapter 4

The whole weekend by Hope, we revised some more before chilling, eating a whole tub of ice cream while watching animal documentaries pretending it's reality TV. Even though I had a great time, Hope kept on nagging about the new kid which I don't have a problem with, just the fact I hear about him all the time in school and now my friend is obsessing over him as well, but not just obsessing.. trying to hook us up.

I was walking home in the dark. School was tomorrow and I wanted to be fresh while focused. I reached the door and dug around for my keys but I noticed something... the door wasn't closed and I am sure I locked it when I left.

Someone broke into the house.
I took a deep breath before coming in and locking the door behind me. If there was literary someone in here, I need to know who it is.

"Hello?"
There was nothing but silence afterward.

If it was a thief then I would have to check the whole house and find their location. I was about to head up the stairs when I heard a clank coming from the kitchen. I froze in my tracks, well now I know where they are.

I sneaked into the kitchen to catch a glimpse. There was a tall fair skin woman with extremely dark blue hair wearing long sweats, tip-toeing in one of the cupboards trying to reach the glass.

"Mom?"
She jumped causing the glass to drop and break.

"Shit.."
I watched as she frantically tried her best to clean up the mess she created while staying on the opposite side of the island.

"Since when did you dye your hair... and how did you even get the money to dye it?"
She sighed sitting on the back of her legs and wiping her forehead.

"One of my colleagues found out where your father was staying and had stolen one of his cards so I could get into a certain bank account that stored a lot of money, figured out the pin and boom, money plus hair equals dyed."
That made no sense to me what's so ever.

"Are you sure they are just a work colleague?"
She ignored me.
"And why don't you just ask him instead?"

"Cause... HE WON'T, GIVE ME... ANY MONEY!!"

"Maybe because... YOU'RE STEALING IT FROM HIM!!! Have you ever thought about that?"
She burped as she turned away from me with shaky legs.

"That's not just the case..." She grumbled, hiccuping.

"Your drunk..." I sighed. "How much did you have to drink?"

"Mm, about.. fifty."

"Fifty divided by ten plus two equals seven." I calculated.

Note to self: Never drink.
I watched her stumble to the living room.

"Why the long face, sugaarr? I need another beer.." She belched.

"You neeeeddd to get out. You left the door open, anyone could have come in... maybe someone did?"
She ignored me frantically worrying about my home and continued to watch soap operas.

"Have you talked to your father?"

"No. You never let me, that's why we're so distant."

"Oh... I'm so sorry honey-"

"I don't mean you, I meant him."

"Oof... oh well. His number is on the table, try and see if you can get him to buy you stuff because I'm tired of doing all the work."
I narrowed my eyes at her while she got up and left without saying another word.

The next morning I decided to catch a ride with Hope and get to school early because of a meeting she had with the girls of a sorority she was in. We went our separate ways, I stopped by my dorm to drop off my bag since it will be a few minutes before class started.

I opened the door to find some Junior searching through my roommate's stuff. I stayed by the door just watching until the person turned screaming.

"What the hell? You freak! Do you just stand by doors creeping, watching other people?"

"Do you randomly break into other people's dorms and go through their stuff?"
She chuckled irritated.

She was a blonde, brown-eyed freak, dressed as if she were a long-lost stripper. Her uniform was really short which meant she was one of those girls seeking attention.

"Who are you?"

"The roommate and you?"

"Family, now excuse me."
I blocked her path.

"Prove to me your family."
She folded her arms and so did I.

"She's my sister, Sarah Kinch, I'm Bella Kinch and she wanted her phone." She held up an iPhone 7 with a gradient pink casing which I recognized.

I knew who Bella was but I don't want to go into detail.

"Where do you plan on going with it?"
The girl rolled her eyes.

"I'm going out with my future boyfriend which is something you probably don't know about, Gene, the new kid in school? I won't be surprised if you asked about him as well."
I was stunned.
"Then I'm going to give it to her, okay Mom? Now excuse me, I have to go and meet him." She brushed past me, flipping her hair in my face.

I stood there with a pain in my chest. It was like my heart was being pulled and strained. I didn't understand why. I just change out the books, checked the time on my phone and took a stroll around the school.

I stood above the dining hall, looking down at the rest of the students.

"Well, well, well, so that's how you managed to lay an eye on me?" A deep voice that sounded like Theo James said taking their time with each step creeping up behind me. The tapping sound of their shoes was left ringing in my ears.

I turned around and gasped quickly covering my mouth with both hands.

"What? Not who you were expecting?"