Promise

Promise - Jimin

Chapter 15

The car ride to Taehyung's house was quiet. It was the second time he had been in Seokjin's car, he considered it a blessing. Taehyung would sneak glances at Seokjin now and then, admiring his calm composure as he drove. The way his eyes stayed focused on the road, the way his lean body rested against the seat, the way he drove with one hand on the steering wheel and one arm resting against the window frame. He was flawless and so beautiful. He didn't have to say anything or do anything. Just this moment was enough to fill Taehyung's heart with excitement. He instantly started imagining the various poses Seokjin could do for his portrait, though, the side angle view he had of him now was perfect.

"So Taehyung, when do you want to start my portrait?" Seokjin asked, while keeping his eyes on the road and snapping Taehyung back to the present moment.

"O-oh whenever you're free?" Taehyung asked as he looked at him while blushing.

"I'm fine with anything," Seokjin said and smiled, revealing his straight white teeth. How could a smile look so breathtaking? Taehyung wanted to take a picture of him, to capture this moment but then he quickly realized they were coming up on the street his house was on.

"You can stop here," Taehyung quickly said, gesturing to an upcoming bend in the road.

"Here?" Seokjin asked, stopping the car.

"Yeah I can walk from here," Taehyung smiled.

"Taehyung are you sure?" Seokjin asked, looking at him with a questioning look.

Taehyung smiled as he got out of the car.

"Don't worry professor Jin, it's just a couple of minutes. I just don't want my parents to know that my teacher dropped me off," he said while closing the car door.

"I mean it shouldn't matter that I dropped you off though."

"What?" Taehyung asked while lowering his head so he could speak through the window.

"I could have just made an excuse that your leg was hurting." Seokjin chuckled.

"Professors don't usually drop off students to their homes."

"I guess that makes you different," Seokjin said as he turned the car off and walked out towards Taehyung.

"How so?" Taehyung asked, looking up at him. Seokjin stood near Taehyung.

"Well I did need to know the details of my very first portrait done by an aspiring artist like yourself." Seokjin chuckled.

Taehyung just stood there looking at Seokjin. If he moved one or two inches towards him he would be close enough to feel his breath on his face. If Seokjin put his hand on Taehyung's chest he could probably feel the fast and heavy beating of his heart. What would it feel like to have those beautiful lips on mine? Just for a moment? Taehyung thought to himself. He surmised it would be an incredible experience, otherworldly.

"Taehyung?"

Taehyung blinked and realized he had been staring at him again. Ugh, my face is probably so red right now. This is so awkward.

"O-oh yeah, I'm gonna head home. Thank you for the ride professor Seokjin."

Taehyung turned towards the sidewalk and started to quickly walk away from him. He could feel his heart beating so fast. If he had stayed there any longer he wouldn't be able to control himself. He could just picture it, that epic moment where they would kiss and everything else would start to disappear around them. Only they would exist in that moment.