Someone like you

Someone like you (Cover) - Taehyung

Chapter 7

Jimin arrived home with thoughts of his stepfather as he paused for a moment before entering his house. He loosened his scarf a bit and ran his fingers along his scars with flashbacks of his stepfather choking him running through his head. Please don't be here, he thought to himself fearfully. When Jimin entered the house he felt some relief realizing his stepfather wasn't home. But at the same time, Jimin felt regret about the way he had treated Hoseok and Taehyung. Jimin quickly freshened up, wore his scarf, and headed towards the kitchen to make some ramen for himself. After Jimin finished, he washed the dishes and heard a knock on his door. He walked towards the door and opened it to see Taehyung standing there.

"Tae? What are you doing here?" Jimin questioned.

"I felt like I had to apologize to you because of the way I acted before," Taehyung said, looking up at Jimin. Jimin was surprised, it should be him apologizing instead.

"Tae, I should be the one apologizing to you and Hobi. I shouldn't have yelled at you guys like that when I was angry at Jungkook."

"It's okay, Jimin, I understand. Just don't avoid us, you know we're always here for you." Taehyung said with a quick smile.

"I won't, I promise," Jimin said while grinning.

"Look I would have asked to hang out but I have to go before my parents start asking questions, but I'll see you in class tomorrow," Taehyung said while grabbing Jimin into a hug.

"See you tomorrow Tae," Jimin said as he patted Taehyung's back.

Taehyung left while Jimin closed the door and let out a sigh. Today was surprisingly going well. Well, better than most days anyways. His stepfather wasn't here, neither was his mom and based on what Taehyung said it seemed like he and Hoseok weren't all that angry over Jimin's outburst before like he feared.

For once I might sleep in peace Jimin thought to himself heading to his room.

____

The next morning Jimin woke up feeling calm and relieved, feelings he had almost never felt after waking up. Jimin quickly got ready and headed downstairs to grab food but stopped in his tracks when he saw his mother standing near the kitchen counter.

"Good morning Jimin!" Gianna Jun said while smiling.

"Morning," Jimin muttered.

"I made pancakes and strawberries, the way you liked as a child," she said, holding up the plate. Jimin looked at the food, it looked good, but he wouldn't eat anything his mother made.

"I'm not hungry," Jimin stated, walking towards the door.

"Jimin please, I'm really trying this time!" She cried out.

"Then stop trying, it's all fake anyway! Why are you even acting as if you care?" Jimin scoffed, turning around to face his mom.

"I am not acting, I'm genuinely trying to be a good mother to you!" She said, tearing up.

"You stopped caring when you married that man. You forgot you ever had kids or a husband who had loved you dearly. You know what, just forget this, it's not worth explaining something that you won't understand in the first place," Jimin said as he slammed the door behind him.

Gianna Jun stood there, tears escaping her eyes. It was the first time she ever felt like such a failure at motherhood.

____