From home

From home - NCT U

Chapter 20

"Taehyung! Wake up. You need to take your meds."

Taehyung slowly opened his eyes after hearing the familiar voice and saw Jimin standing at the foot of the bed with a breakfast tray in his hands. The scent of fried bacon along with scrambled eggs and milk tea filled the room.

"Taemin told one of the housekeepers to make eggs and bacon for you," Jimin said, placing the tray delicately on the sheets.

Taehyung put his hand over his eyes concealing his vision. "I'm not hungry," Taehyung declared in a monotone voice.

"Just eat a bit so you can take your medicine afterwards, okay?" Jimin suggested.

Taehyung put his hand down in frustration and looked away. Jimin's forehead creased in worry. He opened his mouth to say something but automatically closed it, knowing that what was probably best for Taehyung was a bit of personal space. He slowly backed away from the bed and closed the door softly behind him. As he turned to look out into the hallway he saw Taemin.

"Still the same?" Taemin questioned with his eyebrows raised.

"Yeah," Jimin said with a sigh. "I guess he's scared to go back home, especially with everything that happened with professor Jin."

"Yeah, that was insane."

*Flashback*

I need to leave! I need to leave right now! Oh god, I can't breathe... I have to get out of here! Wait where's my phone? Taheyung instantly started to check his pant pockets but then remembered his phone was in the living room, and it was almost dead. He quickly turned around to go grab it but he bumped into Ms. Lee, sending the contents of his leftover dinner spilling all over the marble floor.

Taehyung stood there, paralyzed, as he watched the orange juice start to spill in various directions. Seokjin and Jisoo ran out into the hallway from the entrance to their house and stood there watching Ms. Lee hurriedly pick up the bowl and cup Taheyung had knocked out of her arms as Taheyung stood there. He finally managed to find his voice and blurted out, "I a-am so sorry!"

"Who the hell did-? Taehyung?" Seokjin asked, looking surprised. Taehyung slowly raised his head and saw Seokjin staring back at him with a look of confusion. Taehyung's eyes almost started to become wet with tears.

Jisoo stared at Seokjin and Taehyung, as they stared at each other, with no one saying anything in a moment of confusion.

"Jinnie, I brought him home since he wasn't well," Jisoo said softly.

Taehyung coughed and blurted out, "I a-am sorry professor Jin, I didn't intend to cause a m-mess. I apologize for my behaviour and attitude." He automatically bowed surprising Seokjin.

Jisoo looked at Taheyung with wide eyes. She instantly knew. Professor Jin? The teacher this kid was talking about...was her brother!? She stood there shocked, unable to say anything.

Seokjin looked at Taehyung and was about to say something but then his phone started ringing.

Seokjin gasped in frustration and turned towards Jisoo. "It's fine, just handle this!" Seokjin said while gesturing to the mess on the floor. He picked up the call and headed toward the living room.

"Yeah, okay!" Jisoo replied quickly. She was still in shock but calmly walked over to where Ms. Lee was and started shouting out to the other housekeepers to come and help her out. Once backup came she turned towards Taehyung and grabbed his arm.

"Follow me," Jisoo ordered.

"I want my phone," Taehyung said in a cracked voice.

Jisoo walked to the living room table and picked it up. She handed it over to him while cautioning Taehyung.