Changes

Maxima held her book of theory in her hands as she contemplated the changes made in the story by her entry

Maxima held her book of theory in her hands as she contemplated the changes made in the story by her entry. The Slytherin-Gryffindor divide wasn't as great and inter-house relationships weren't as bad as described in the books. She saw people of different houses hanging out with each other so Maxima supposed it was like that from before and Harry, being an oblivious dumbass, didn't see it.  

She shook her head and looked up to the sky, it was perfect for flying. Must be the day Harry talks to Cho in the Owlery, though Maxima. Her insides squirmed and she pursed her lips before letting out a breath. The Gryffindor practice was today as well. Pansy, Crabbe, Goyle, and a lot of the seniors were on Riddle's side. (So, that'll influence the practice.) The hierarchy in Slytherin Court portrayed that. Another headcanon true then, Maxima thought wryly.  The third-year and below were exempt because they were still figuring out their schedules and whatnot. Since the third year was the year the classes increased and they'd have to adjust again. Made sense.

Maxima closed her eyes and thought hard. What else? Was she forgetting something? Something fell on her face, she opened her eyes and raised her hands to touch the wet substance. Water. Might rain heavily later then. She closed up her book and made her way inside. She raised her head and saw a thestral. She smiled and raised her hand to push her hair back. When she caught sight of the bandages, she was reminded of Elijah. She would remember. She wrote it all down last night. Her hand cramped and it hurt badly but still. It was all worth it.

She was also writing down what was happening. The war from its very beginning, including Tom Riddle's origins with references to other dark lords like Grindelwald (Ravenclaw), Void, or Judas Pincushion (Hufflepuff) to add a bit of comparison. She could only hope that when all of this was done, she could publish and dispel the fear, the stigma, and the irrationality surrounding the topic. Maxima sighed. 

She made her way to Hagrid's hut with the dog treats she had in her bag. Poseidon who was laying down near her feet jumped up and wagged his tail happily. Maxima laughed and ran alongside him. The wind in her face was lifting her spirits which had sunken so low that she felt like she was back at her previous house. Maxima stopped a few feet away from Hagrid's hut. She opened her hair and shook it. It fell in waves and she swept her side bangs away. Maybe she'll go flying after feeding Fang and Poseidon. They could play with each other while she flew and let loose. She opened the door to the hut and Fang ran outside and around her in circles before jumping around Poseidon. They started to play with each other. They ran around each other, barking and yipping at each other. 

Maxima laughed as she tossed two treats, Poseidon jumped to catch one while Fang waited for it to come to him. Maxima summoned Fang's and Poseidon's bowls and filled it. She took out her wand and summoned her broom non verbally. (Took her one try. Damn, she's proud.) She climbed onto it and kicked off. She flew up with all the speed she could. Her hair flowing and her eyes stinging slightly. Maxima left all her worries behind. She could feel the boulders of tension, the mountain of stress, the stones of her past, the pebbles of doubt fall off as she flew higher and higher.