Closure

Sirus nodded his head towards Maxima, "Listen to her

Sirus nodded his head towards Maxima, "Listen to her. Follow her-" 

Maxima cut in with a sharp but soft, "Sirius, no. I think..." she paused and pressed her lips together, "You should sit down. Kreacher, I would appreciate it if you sit down as well."

Kreacher mouth moved soundlessly and Maxima looked up to see everyone staring at her with various expressions. Maxima looked toward Kreacher, "Kreacher," Maxima said kindly, "I know what happened in that cave. Both of the times."

Kreacher stopped his silent muttering, looked up at the girl, and ran straight towards the wall. Maxima had expected that so she grabbed him and made sure he couldn't hit himself. "Sirius!" Maxima shouted, "Stop him! Please!" She was sure she sounded desperate but she couldn't help it.

Professor Dumbledore made an aborted movement from where sat which Maxima is sure only she saw it. Sirius looked he had never seen Kreacher, "SIRIUS!" Harry shouted. Sirius blinked before ordering Kreacher to not hurt or punish himself. 

"Kreacher," Maxima spoke softly, "We only want to help fulfil his last wish. But we can't do that unless you help us." 

Maxima brought out a locket and opened it. She looked at it before looking at Sirius and Kreacher. She sighed and read it, "To the Dark Lord, I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match you will be mortal once more. -R.A.B"

Silence. Kreacher had started rocking himself back and forth. Maxima folded the parchment, brought forward Sirius's hand, place said parchment in it and closed his fingers around it. Maxima turned to Kreacher who had slowed down, she took the locket and kept it in front of him, "It's yours to keep." 

Kreacher tentatively reached for the locket as if expecting Sirius to shout. Maxima sat patiently waiting. She knew it was pointless to go there, to go through the pain, to be so canon-like. But she had to because if she didn't Kreacher could betray them in the future and always remain bitter. Sirius would never truly know the truth about his brother. Kreacher wore the locket around in his neck and immediately started crying again. Maxima pressed her lips together out of nervousness. Was she over-doing it? Kreacher slowly stopped and seemed to be hiccoughing.

"Mi-Miss be ver-very kind! Krea-Kreacher be helping. Kreacher be brin-bringing the real locket. Mis-Miss be destroying it and he-helping Kreacher?"

Maxima nodded quietly, for some reason her voice had left her, she felt oddly embarrassed. Kreacher popped out to retrieve the locket. Maxima looked to Sirius, who was staring at the parchment. Professor Snape looked downcast as well, the two of them must have been friends. Professor McGonagall seemed to be dabbing her eyes with her handkerchief and Professor Dumbledore had his head bowed. Harry seemed to be in awe but in awe of what Maxima had no idea. She smiled slightly at him and he smiled back, after the healing, Maxima noticed, his eyes seem brighter and the scar seemed faded. Maxima broke eye-contact and looked towards Sirius.