First days and First Impressions

After a good night's rest which was a dopamine rush in of itself, Maxima was ready for her first day in Hogwarts

After a good night's rest which was a dopamine rush in of itself, Maxima was ready for her first day in Hogwarts. On a level, she knew that they faced discrimination but she didn't exactly know if it was as bad as in fanon. She used Canon's fixed points but all the little things, the little side streams that didn't affect the whole, were of no danger to everyone's safety.

Right now, everything was same as canon. Almost, thought Maxima, there was extra student and Slytherin are just itching to get away from Tom Riddle, well the ones with common sense anyway. Maxima stretched, performed a 'tempus' and found the time to 7:30 in the morning. Early enough, shrugged Maxima. She scratched Poseidon's head as she thought on how she would tackle this day. This was the day when the detentions would start, wasn't it? But, she's a Slytherin, so wouldn't her schedule be different? Wait, no, Fanon/Canon mix. Maxima got up, grabbed her clothes for the day along with her makeup kit before heading to bathroom, waving her wand as she went. As she glanced back, she grinned, she loved fanon magic. Technically 'tempus' was fanon too but Maxima wondered if she was able to perform non-verbal and not-really-spell spells easily simply because she performed wandless magic all her life even if she had thought that she was imagining it. She paused while turning the tap on, interesting. Maybe she'll research it and note everything down in one of her notebooks.

While Maxima got ready, the other girls in dorm started to wake up as well. By the time, she was done, they were getting into the showers, though there might've been a line. When she reached the common room, she saw Crabbe, Goyle, Blaise and Theo. She waved and smiled as she walked towards them.

"Morning!" Maxima grinned.

Crabbe and Goyle didn't reply. She remembered them as one of the people in the background last night. She looked towards Blaise who smirked, (it was starting to look like a default setting) and Theo grunted.

Blaise gestured for Maxima to sit, "It's a tradition that everyone, well almost everyone go together on the first day. On the first day, the prefects help the firsties around and since well, they're firsties." Blaise laughed which caused Theo to groan. Maxima looked towards Theo who was surprisingly less talkative.

"What is Theo? Nott a morning person?"

Her pun made Blaise groan but she could see his lips tugging. What she didn't expect was for Theo to burst out laughing. Draco walked down the stairs along with the girls who came together. Draco looked at Theo, "Wha-? Do I want to know what lewd joke made him laugh?"

Blaise and Maxima shared eye-contact and tried to hold in their laughs. Maxima pulled out an empty notebook and her pen as she leaned back. She wanted to note down some of her theories while they waited. "No, you don't." Maxima and the others waited for the firsties and once they joined their group, they made their way to the Great Hall.

Maxima sat down and was delighted to find cereal. That too, Choco puffs! She put in the milk before the cereal and started to eat. As she took a bite, she looked up to the head-table, Draco sat beside her as did Daphne. Draco looked curious, "What pissed in your cereal?"