Brain Cells and Red Stains

When Maxima had not returned to the Great Hall in time of Dinner, Draco had gotten worried

When Maxima had not returned to the Great Hall in time of Dinner, Draco had gotten worried. The rumour mill of Hogwarts worked fast too Though while Draco was proud of the Slytherins of spreading the word, he was disgusted with the rest of the school. How could they not believe it?! Usually, the Slytherins were the ones to confirm the rumours and the fact they were doing nothing to refute Harry's claims should have been enough. Uncle Sev was right, everyone were dunderheads. Draco pitied the man, having to teach all of them? Must give him killer-headaches.

Draco got up and motioned for Daphne to follow him. Once out of the Great Hall, Daphne turned to him. "So, do you know where Maxi is?"

Draco nodded before realising what Daphne said, "I'm sorry,' Maxi'?"

Daphne moved her hand in a so-so motion, "We're working on it. But that's beside the point. Did you see her after DADA?"

Draco shook his head. They set off together to find her and when they do, it was in Moaning Myrtle's Bathroom.

Daphne and Draco exchanged glances as they stepped forward. Myrtle's voice filling the bathroom along with Maxima's.

"Get it off. Get it off....Get it off. Everywhere..Get it off." Maxima.

"There's nothing there, it's clean now, don't hurt yourself! Stop!" Myrtle.

Daphne stepped forward and caught Maxima's eye in the mirror. She looked drained. Her eyes were rimmed red and her hair was tousled as if she had pulled on them. Her shirt's top two buttons were open and her tie was loose. Daphne bit her lip, worried. What...happened?

Myrtle caught sight of the two intruders. She was a ghost who was killed in this bathroom and the fact she didn't want to die, made her stay. She's not glad she did but there are times when she's useful to kids in trouble or in need of help. Her physical appearance may be that of a teenager, but she was older. She flew into a toilet quietly. She had done her job.

Draco stared at Maxima. The usually well-composed girl was in shambles. She looked like she was fighting a horde of rabid vampires. She was paler than him. Her eyes were glazed and she looked lost. Her hands were trembling and red! She had scrubbed them raw. Draco stepped forward, catching Daphne's eye as he did so.

Maxima could remember leaving the staff room to go to the bathroom. She remembered washing her hands, face and her neck. She...had to wash her face...cause of tears? Maxima breathes staring at the mirror. She saw her face, her hands, her neck, her shirt, her clothes! It was red. Get it off, Get it off. She needed to get it off, it was everywhere. She needed to get it off. She could hear a girl telling her that it was off. (But why was it everywhere?!) She could see her tears (wiping the blood away). She looked behind her through the mirror. Someone. A step. What...(gun? shooter? Danger?!)

Maxima turned around, "GO AWAY!" She raised her hands in a gesture to push someone back.

Draco took another step forward, "Maxima, it's me. Draco."