Politicking

It wasn't that Maxima didn't enjoy the game of weaving through words

It wasn't that Maxima didn't enjoy the game of weaving through words. She did! It was thrilling. Just a few well-placed words to create allies and wrong ones to destroy them. Well-placed words could change worlds and minds while wrong ones could hurt beyond repair. She just didn't like it when you had to do it with your family and friends.

And because she had been in somewhat a similar situation, she could understand the fact that Draco was the way he was. But, if she 'met' up with him a few times while Professor Snape met with Lucius Malfoy for 'work', she could influence him well enough. She had words planned. A mountain full. But she couldn't be a Slytherin about it, no. She'd have to go the Hufflepuff route. If Slytherins don't know how to handle one thing, it's overly-friendly Hufflepuff. Besides, Draco wasn't all that bad, Maxima thought, I hope.

As she wore braided her hair, she reevaluated her looks. Her (subtle, she wasn't going to a party. Maxima rolled her eyes.) silver heels looked fabulous and matched well with the black pants and green shirt. The dark emerald robes made the whole thing come together. Her makeup wasn't too bold or in-your-face either. Subtle enough to be noticed but not so much that it's all that you can see. Not to mention the fact she didn't need it. Salt Water Mermaids, such as her mother, were naturally beautiful as their ancestors used to lure people underwater to a) eat them or b) use them for their benefit. Being the daughter of a sea-water mermaind helped in her that area. 

As she walked to the gates, she wondered where they would go to meet Lucius and Draco Malfoy. Certainly not Hogsmead, not the Leaky Cauldron. Were there places in Knocturn Alley? Probably. Wasn't Malfoy rich? They probably had loads of summer homes. Maxima shook her head and saw Poseidon playing around with Fang. Maxima whistled and yelled for Poseidon to come over. He ran over and started padding alongside her as she continued onto the gates.

Maxima saw Professor Snape standing in his usual black ensemble. (Did he not have anything else? A bit of green or silver would have been nice. Or navy?) "Good Morning, Professor!"

Professor Snape nodded, "We shall be meeting up with Lucius Malfoy and his son at one of their summer homes, assumably they want me to take Draco away from the manor where the Dark Lord is currently residing."

Maxima nodded, "Anything that the Malfoy's will like sir? Provided it doesn't go against myself?"

Maxima swore her question made the Professor's lip twitch. Professor Snape tilted his head slightly, "The best way would be to be polite and pay emphasis on tradition. Draco, however," He paused to look at Maxima, "appreciates things being said bluntly."

Maxima blinked before smiling softly, message received professor. Neither you nor I want Draco there. "Alright, thanks Professor." 

Maxima held onto Poseidon's collar and Professor Snape's arm. The sensation of being squeezed through a tube was nauseous as well.  Once there, Maxima did not let go Professor Snape's arm until she was sure she would fall. Posedion was covering his eyes, whimpering and laying down.