"I'm pretty sure that's illegal..."

Maxima sat with Blaise, in the library, researching charms and jinxes

Maxima sat with Blaise, in the library, researching charms and jinxes. Maxima already had a few in mind and brainstorming with Blaise was fun as his ideas were just simply devious. She loved it. Nuzzling Poseidon with her foot, she put her pen down, wincing at the pain shooting up her arm. She rolled her shoulder to alleviate some of the pain.

"So along with the tongue-tying curse, maybe something physical?"

Maxima nodded to Blaise's words, flexed her fingers and kept her focus on the book, trying to ignore the shooting pains. She could hear Poseidon's whimper and she absentmindedly petted him. Poseidon worried too much, but that probably couldn't be helped. Poseidon was brilliant like that.

"Maybe, something that affects the face?" Maxima put it out as a suggestion, scratching her nose. Her hand stings. Maybe she needs physical therapy? Nope, not even touching therapy, Maxima thinks. Not today nor ever.

As she jots down a few ideas, Maxima sees the others walking around and communicating on how to get their parts done. She sees houses intermingling and she smiles. Good. Maxima is glad that Harry's obliviousness is the reason they weren't any mention of inter-house relations. Inter-House unity is the only thing that will save them. Not to mention the magical library, Hogwarts did well. Maxima can see the appeal as she remembers the jokes Ron and Harry made about Hermione dashing away for some reason. When in doubt, go to the library.

But it wasn't infallible. A lot of the information in some books were contradictory, plus a lot of them were outdated. Shaking her head, Maxima focused back on the topic. So they had a parchment for those who joined and wouldn't snitch but what if someone didn't want to join? Should they make something to combat that issue? Maxima hummed, brought out her idea journal, flipped it over to the right page and pushed it towards Blaise with her index finger. 

Blaise hummed thoughtfully as he looked it over before his face grew alarmed. Wait, what? Maxima focused back on the world rather than just watching it behind a screen.

"MA-" He looked around before lowering his volume, "Maxima, what the hell is wrong with your hands?"

Maxima looked at the bandages and cursed as parts of them turned red. "Fucking cuck fuck!" She whisper-shouted as she took out fresh bandages and began to replace them. "I'm sorry, I just don't have time to explain but 'Detentions with Umbitch' y'know? I totally forgot about reporting this.  I would have to stop her honestly, it's part of my plan but I'm already used to aches and-"

A hand on her shoulder stopped her rambling and she watched Blaise take the bandages from her. Maxima bit her lip as he helped her reapply the bandages. "You hurt yourself far too easily for the sake of others. You zone out way too easily but somehow you know how to act around it. You apologise a lot. You perform daredevil stunts with no care. You seem surprised by the fact we care."

Blaise didn't sound smug or sure of his words. But he sounded as if he was trying to figure out what was wrong with her. She kept staring at his hands which were on top of hers as he wrapped the bandages. She knew what was wrong with her. She was stupid and weak and worthless and she never could be perfect and she was slipping. Maxima knew she was slipping, she had gotten comfortable and now she was acting like...