Every Story has a Prologue

Maxima groaned and hugged Poseidon, her German Shepherd, harder

Maxima groaned and hugged Poseidon, her German Shepherd, harder. The yelling was too loud, as always. It was the same topic, over and over and over again. But hush no one is to know of course. The King Family was perfect. Business Man Father and Surgeon Mother with Darling Daughter and Sincere Son. 

To the public, the family is happy and always together. What they don't know is it's broken and apparently the family somehow don't either, the parents fight almost every night, the son is anything but sincere in anything and the daughter? Maxima paused, what was she really? She was sporty, artistic, wasn't that good at science and maths, but she was more right-brained anyway. Ah, Maxima thought viciously, she can do weird stuff, is way too interested in books and has had a weird tattoo that appeared at the base of her neck when she turned five (What a day that had been). Poseidon licked Maxima and she grinned. Poseidon was the only awesome part of this family.

Maxima listened to the fight go on and heard her older brother goad the both of them subtly which to Maxima appeared obvious but maybe that's because she knows the signs. Sure the fights happened between each individual party and hands flew often but the parents fighting was a guaranteed fight every night. Maxima stared at her room, taking it in. Same bland colour as the house, same bed style, the only thing different was the fairy lights, football shoes, tons of art supplies, sketchbooks and the two walls of bookshelves filled, mostly, with books.

Maxima stared and stared at a particular book. Drawing inspiration from it. Maxima stood up and walked over to the book and touched its spine before spinning round to face her dog, "How do you feel about leaving boy?"

A small woof was the reply. Maxima smirked, "Knew you'd agree with me." Maxima moved with speed and purpose. She grabbed her sketchbooks, a few art supplies, a few coming of age books and a few clothes. She knelt down and scooted under the bed to pry the floorboard loose for the money she had saved over the years (since she was 10, to be honest). Sure she had used some at one point or the other but the case in point was that she was set for a year provided she managed it properly and went under the radar. She put in some snacks for herself and Poseidon. She also put in Poseidon's favourite chew toy.

Maxima wore a low back white tank-top, black jeans, black biker boots and a leather jacket. To top off her look off, she applied basic eyeliner, a little kohl under her eyes and mascara and lip gloss to give the final touch. She tied her hair in a messy braid and put the extra rubber bands and the only makeup stuff she had( which was a small eyeshadow palette, her mascara, eyeliner, lip gloss and kohl) into the bag. 

Maxima inspected her bag, didn't seem overstuffed or suspicious (Honestly, Maxima thought, I used my weirdness to expand it a while back, why would it look suspicious). She turned to the mirror and stared at her reflection, her honey blonde hair was perfect, her baby blue eyes seemed perfect, her clothes, though edgy, seemed perfect. The only thing that wasn't perfect was her lips. They were pulled into a frown or was it a grimace or maybe mild disgust? Whatever it was, she wasn't smiling. Maxima took a deep breath in, she raised the edges of her lips slightly like she was poised and proper but still a teen who was excited to visit a friend.

She grabbed the bag, her phone (another bit of weirdness she managed, ever-lasting battery and data) and beckoned Poseidon, "Come on Seaweed legs." A woof told her what he thought of the affectionate nickname. She opened the door and walked out. Mother and Father were arguing still and Brother was (unsubtly, in her opinion) smirking. No one was looking at her so she adopted a meek yet hopeful expression. Sure, each one knew she was anything but meek, but they didn't know that the others knew that too. "Mother, Father. A few-" she paused and tilted her head, "-of my football teammates are going out for a team morale booster." She straightened her body and made it look like she was bracing for rejection, "Could I go as well?"

She looked up from the ground and saw her parents glaring at each other and her brother glaring at her. She glanced at him with a smirk before quickly adopting the same expression as before and looking back to her parents. They were glaring at each other still. Her father smiled at her like it was a great honour he was allowing her to go. "Take Poseidon with you and go on your bike." He paused like some regal king, "Have fun." 

Maxima nodded, "Yes Father, I will. And you know I could never leave Poseidon behind!" Maxima giggled. Maxima nodded to her mother and waved to her brother and walked out, purposely leaving the keys behind. After all, you don't take the keys if you don't intend to return. Maxima broke out into a run and started running towards the road that lead out of the city. She had hidden her bike a few days before for this exact reason.

She was glad her parents didn't have a clock in the kitchen, otherwise, they'd realise they have been fighting from three in the morning to six.  Honestly, that was the reason she was in such a hurry, she needed to disappear before they realise what she did and the mask, the mask she had built since her birth to the current age, fifteen. It was breaking. Maxima stopped running as she noticed the bridge which lead to the open road. Maxima looked at Poseidon, who was used to her runs, wagging his tail happily. 

She unlocked her bicycle and put the bag in the basket, she smirked, another use of her weirdness. She sat on the bike and patted at the rack, which surprise surprise had been...werided out by her. Poseidon jumped and sat on it comfortably. She really needed to put a name to it. She looked at her purple bag. Purple...that's it. The first book of Harry Potter was purple and, now that she thought about it, so was the last one. Magic, she had magic. If it was proven otherwise, then she'll call it otherwise. (Honestly, why it took her so long to call it magic she had no idea.) 

"Poseidon, each story has a prologue, ours just ended. Let's start writing our story." Poseidon barked and Maxima grinned. The back of her neck felt tingly, Maxima took a deep breath in and started pedalling towards her future.

(A/N): Hello Reader, I'm sorry! I know this is a cliched trope but I couldn't resist!! It was just there!!! I was discussing a few things with a dear friend and it popped up

(A/N): Hello Reader, I'm sorry! I know this is a cliched trope but I couldn't resist!! It was just there!!! I was discussing a few things with a dear friend and it popped up. Although I was thinking of something else when I suddenly thought of this. So I will mix it up a little. My brain in a flurry right now!!!
EEEEK! I'm so excited to write the first chapter!!! ALSO, IM REALLY EXCITED IF YOU CAN'T TELL!!!!

Laugh Loud and Be Proud!!

Word Count: 127
4 words