Girls, Girls, You're both Pretty

Next day, Maxima sat in the Headmaster's office as he went out to get Sirius and Harry

Next day, Maxima sat in the Headmaster's office as he went out to get Sirius and Harry. Professor McGonagall and Professor Snape were...somewhere. Poseidon seemed to be sitting in one place, not at all anxious. Maxima glared at Poseidon who huffed amused. The dog DID know that he was a magical familiar. Maxima guessed that it was pretty obvious. Not to mention they have always been 'one' in a way.

Sitting in the old man's office, Maxima got bored. She started bopping her head to the song that was stuck in her head. She was from the future and a different dimension. "Sorry secret siren, but I'm blocking out your calls.." Maxima murmured. 'Into the Unknown by Panic! At the Disco' was a bop and Maxima stood by that decision. She got up and browsed the shelves. As Maxima hummed and sung under her breath, she could hear Poseidon bark at different times to keep up with the beat. Maxima looked back at Poseidon who was wagging his tail. She patted Poseidon as she continued browsing. 

She paused at one book 'Strangers and Animagus'. That seemed interesting, she turned to Poseidon who had tilted his head and had one ear down while the other was up. Maxima grabbed the book out of the shelf and sat 'Criss-Cross Applesauce' on the chair. Maxima felt excited, the book was bound to be interesting. Her transfiguration exam was the easiest, followed by Defense and then Care of magical creatures, Charms, Potions and finally Herbology. She wasn't worried though. She was good enough to join the 5th year and that was her only problem. Now though, it had been solved.

Maxima sat reading and Poseidon dropped his head on her lap. She absent-mindedly started petting him. After a while, the professors walked unbeknownst to Maxima.

"What song is that?"

Maxima flinched and dropped the book ontop of Poseidon's head who kept still and somehow balanced it. Maxima laughed nervously, looking to Professor McGonagall, who seemed amused and grabbed the book.

"I didn't know I was that loud, my mistake. It's called, 'Into the Unknown' by 'Panic! At the Disco'. I don't think that it exists yet...or will." Maxima looked away furrowing her eyebrows before smiling at the Professor, "Different Dimensions and whatnot." 

Professor Snape raised an eyebrow, "You are sure that it is dimensions that you have travelled." 

Maxima raised her chin, "Of course I am. It's only logical, I have magic correct? So, I should have gotten my letter, but I didn't, therefore, Hogwarts doesn't exist in my world. Not to mention, some people look exactly like you and assumably everyone else."

Maxima felt very awkward sitting with her future teachers. Poseidon raised his paw and tapped on her legs. Maxima unfolded her leg and sat normally. Maxima remembered a question she had and turned to Professor McGonagall, "Excuse me, Professor?"

McGonagall looked towards Maxima who had the book open on her lap, "Yes Ms King?"

"What exactly is the difference between Transfiguring oneself into an animal and using the process of turning oneself into an Animagus?"