Slytherins, it's time to RISE UP

Maxima, Daphne, Millicent, Theodore and Blaise made their way to the Slytherin Common Room

Maxima, Daphne, Millicent, Theodore and Blaise made their way to the Slytherin Common Room. Declaring the password to the seemingly innocuous stone wall but the bottom right corner held the carving of a snake.

When Maxima entered the room, she was in awe. Warm but small chandeliers hanging from various places. The far-right wall had a few bookshelves, near to it there was a huge round table with what looked like intricate carving. There a few other smaller tables near to the main one. Periodically, there were windows spanning from top to bottom looking out into the lake. On the left, the fireplace was roaring and the Slytherin Crest was above it. Near the fireplace, two long black leather couches were present.

Maxima walked in and flopped onto it before smiling to herself. Theodore sat next to her and put an arm across her shoulders. Daphne sat across her on the opposite couch and so did Draco(once he came.) and Blaise. Millicent sat near Theodore on the far left of the couch.

Other Slytherins came into the room to find seats, those who could not, stood in corners or near their friends. They continued talking for a while though Maxima could see a few glancing at her from time to time.

"Draco," asked Maxima, "What have you told them?"

Draco raised his nose, "The numbers, muggle history, our history... from non-biased sources, what Potter said and what you told me about Tom Riddle. I think they're convinced. Well, the smart ones anyway."

Maxima blinked, catching the use of Potter. Maxima straightened herself into a semi-formal position and mask before picking Theodore's arm off of her. "Well, that's fine then. Why are they staring, unsubtly might I add, at me?"

"I may have told them that you were the one who collected the data. Besides your father was a pureblood wasn't he? So they don't judge you that much and they'll listen. You'll understand once-"

Professor Snape came into the room, his robes billowing, stopping Draco from speaking further. He scanned the room, before speaking.

"New Slytherins, Welcome. Old Slytherins, you are free to leave."

No one moved, Professor Snape's eyebrow rose minutely. Must be a new occurrence thought Maxima while tracing the Mandrake leaf charmed to be stuck in her mouth.

"As I said, Welcome. Slytherin house is one of the four houses of Hogwarts. It values cunning, ambition, and the tendency to look after our own. Slytherins stick together."

He paused before continuing, "Though it is true that our house may have produced Dark Lords that doesn't mean you have to follow in their reckless, most obvious and foolish steps. Consider it an honour that you are placed in Slytherin, If you were sorted into Ravenclaw, you'd know a lot. But that doesn't make you smart. If you were sorted into Hufflepuff, you'd be loyal. But loyalty isn't always a good thing. Sometimes its the worst thing. If you were sorted into Gryffindor, you'd be brave. But reckless. You don't think things through. But, you were sorted into Slytherin. The house where we are brave, not reckless. The house where we are smart and have common sense. The house where loyalty isn't earned easily."