That's a cliched trope

A few hours and stops later, Maxima and Poseidon were leisurely walking

A few hours and stops later, Maxima and Poseidon were leisurely walking. They had gotten far enough to go at their own desired pace. Maxima knew that in a few hours when it'd be time for curfew, they'd be suspicious. If she sent a text? She had put an anti-tracking charm a little while back, it'd work. They wouldn't be able to track her. A salty goodbye text? Hm, Maxima thought, No. Her prologue was over. Besides even if they issued an AMBER alert, they'd have to (insert fake gasp here, thought Maxima viciously) tell the people they weren't perfect. Sooner or later though, someone would notice, maybe when it had been a few days. Then, she'd have to change how she looked. (Maxima smirked, she looked good with black hair and green eyes. Her mind wandered to the wig and contacts hidden in the bag)

She looked to Poseidon who was ahead of her running from one tree to another, chasing the squirrels and having fun. She smiled softly, Poseidon was opening up at least. Her only proper family apart from her passions. 

She heaved herself onto the bike and started cycling to catch up to Poseidon. As soon as she did, she slowed down to enjoy the road surrounded by trees. Sure there were plenty of attractions in Britain but Maxima preferred the natural outdoors. 

Maxima laughed and sped up when she saw Poseidon sit down. "Race ya!!" She could hear Poseidon bark and run after her. Maxima felt euphoric and a bit sad. After all, she had left the place she had grown up but she was glad she left that toxic place. She didn't want to...survive there anymore. She wanted to live! She wanted to be a fashion artist and enjoy sports for fun. She wanted to get dirty in the mud and be pretty when she wanted to. 

Poseidon barked twice and Maxima stopped her chest heaving as she caught her breath. She grinned lopsidedly, "Nice run eh?" A huff was her only answer. Maxima smiled and took out her phone and scrolled through her photos while they both caught their breath. Most were things she saw around her, a few were of her and her team when they won and even those photos were staged and forced. A few were of her trying out different forms of makeup, things like that. She had mostly kept for references.

She reached into the side pocket of her bag and dragged out a water bottle, she took a few slow but long gulps and held the bottle up for Poseidon. After they were rested, they started again.

After a while, Maxima saw Poseidon stop and whine. Maxima got off her bike and looked forward. Maxima scoffed in disbelief,  she half wanted to laugh but looking at the rickety bridge which had a raging river was a dangerous thing and those rocks. Maxima winced, oof, those look dangerous. But the interesting thing was the drop. It was a long way down just to the river. If they fell...not good.

Maxima looked towards her loyal buddy, "Our first cliche huh?" Poseidon barked and wagged his tail. Maxima patted him and attached a leash to his vest. She wrapped her hand around the leash a few times so she could secure her hand. She took her bag out of the bicycle's basket and put her hand through the straps and secured it. Maxima took a deep breath in and turned her bag feather-light, no need for extra weight. 

She kept one hand on the bike and one hand secured on the leash, ready to just pull at a moments notice and use her...magic. (She still didn't want to believe it was magic.) Maxima took a step forward and Poseidon whined. She smiled, "I know Seaweed brain, this is reckless but I might fix it with...my magic?" Maxima didn't sound confident and honestly, that wouldn't do. Her confidence was one thing she had made herself not inherited from her 'perfect' family. 

Maxima looked at the bridge and continued forward, that little thing would not stop her and with every step she took, the bridge creaked even more.  Maxima stopped and looked back to Poseidon who was whining, "I know..I know, boy. I'm scared too." Maxima bit her lip, "but you're a Gryffindor good boi arent you? A regular old Greek god, besides you, have to be there for your son don't you?" 

A huff was let out by Poseidon and Maxima laughed nervously, "Okay, okay. I know, I'll stop with my references." Maxima looked ahead and bit her lip harder then she had previously. 

Maxima walked forward, the bridge creaked, she would stop for a second or two and then repeat. Maxima winced, this was a reckless mistake. And she was being so careful. She looked back, Poseidon was staring at her with the utmost sincerity and trust. She looked back, no, Maxima thought, she refused to go back (Not that they could, Maxima realised). Maxima took another step forward and this time instead of 'creak'. It went 'crack', Maxima let out a scared shout as her leg went down and Poseidon barked and moved backwards to pull her if need be only to fall in much as Maxima did. 

"HADES!" Maxima shouted. Poseidon stilled and honestly Maxima felt that feeling in her bones. She put her hands on the wood and heaved herself. She pulled herself up and let out a shaky breath. She moved towards Poseidon who was whining, "Don't worry boy, I'll get you out." Maxima nodded frantically, "We'll be okay" 

Maxima moved towards Poseidon, who in turn moved as well, each trying to get closer. To save each other. Maxima felt her neck tingle, she looked towards Poseidon's paw, "Wait- no!" 

A crack and a yank. 

(A/N): Teehee.

Word count: 1010 words