Natural Nerves

Maxima sat on the train with her robes on while Poseidon slept on the opposite seat

Maxima sat on the train with her robes on while Poseidon slept on the opposite seat. Slytherin crest and tie on display along with her emerald green nail polish and hair ties. The compartment she was in was empty and near the back. Maxima stood up and stepped towards the window to take a peek outside. Families, bloody everywhere.

A flush of anger and jealousy went through her and she yanked the curtains close. While she knew what it was like to have love a long time ago, she didn't now and the hole left there was aching furiously. Maxima sighed and sat beside Poseidon. She opened her fashion sketchbook and started a new piece. It was a faded off-shoulder neckline gown whose sleeves and reached mid-forearm before fading as well. The body resembled an A-line gown. The colour down at the bottom was an ice blue while it was white at the top. It was all pictured in her mind.

Problem was, noting it down. She started out sketching various positions for the dress to fit into. Wait, Maxima paused, couldn't she just...animate the drawing? Maxima's eyes had gained an inspired gleam.

As Maxima continued drawing after animating the girl who hopped up and down in delight, she twirled as Maxima added details. As she drew, Maxima thought back to her holidays, she lived with Sirius and Harry in Grimmauld place after Kreacher started cleaning it up. It was turning out beautiful. Grand, regal and yet it was still homey. Maxima winced as she made a mistake and erased it. Throughout the holidays, she and Harry owled Draco who had owled his friends(?) and told Maxima and Harry about them. Harry was picking up the little bit of the Slytherin politics and while Draco was learning what it was like to have true friends.

It had been a long process for Draco to unlearn, it wasn't like Maxima learning politics where she had to understand and accept. Draco had to unlearn, understand, undo the wrong and accept. He had to write apology letters. If the person reacted negatively or didn't accept it, he had to understand that he had to be cordial. It was a long journey, one made easy. Maxima styled the drawing's hair into an elegant bun. The drawing curtsied and Maxima's lip twitched.

She paused to see the door open after a knock, "Mind if we joined you?" It was Ginny who spoke. Theodore smiled his 'charming' smile, Draco said he liked challenges, "We looked everywhere, almost, it was full."

It was Draco's friends, Harry and the gang. Maxima blinked. Before anyone could say anything, she stood up and cast an extension charm and invited them in."Of course, come in." Maxima moved Poseidon who sat down on the ground and was eager to accept the pats that came his way. Spoiled god, thought Maxima amusedly. She recognised each one of them. Blaise Zabini, Theodore Nott, Millicent Bulstrode and Daphne Greengrass. And from Harry's gang included Luna, Neville, Ginny. Maxima supposed that Draco, Hermione and Ron were at the Prefects' carriage.

Harry nodded civilly at the Slytherins while they did the same. Ginny and Neville did so as well but Luna was her care-free self. So she naturally, she just waved. Each introduced themselves and told them to address them by their first name before the conversation fell flat. Maxima thought of conversation topic before it got awkward too fast, "Who do you think is going to be our DADA professor? And how are they going to 'leave' this year?"