Chapter Forty-Five: Er...Ugh

Luffy woke up with a mild headache and tar in his stomach. He wasn't sure if that was from the drinking last night or the fact that to get to the kitchen he'd have to risk running into Law. 

Luffy pulled his knees to his chest. All that stuff that Kid had said to Law felt so violating. None of that was for Kid to say! Luffy didn't even know what he was supposed to say to Law after that! Luffy had never been like this with anyone before. Maybe he should talk to Ace and Sabo. They'd help! 

Then again, they'd probably get all gushy over the fact that Luffy liked Law, and Luffy didn't want to endure that either. This thinking was making his headache worse and it wasn't helping the fact that there was still breakfast to be had. Luffy flopped back onto his bed and dug his phone from the sheets. He got to his feet and called Zoro as he sought out the window. 

He hadn't said anything about what happened at the party to Zoro, not even when they were hanging out afterward. Luffy wanted to go on pretending like it didn't happen but for whatever reason, his mind kept going back to it and Luffy hated that even more. At this point, he'd do anything to get the events of last night off his mind. Maybe just talking about what happened would do that, Usopp said stuff like that helped sometimes. 

"Luffy," Zoro answered, he sounded annoyed but Luffy ignored that. 

"Window!" Luffy replied. 

Zoro took a long breath and Luffy could hear him moving around. Luffy watched Zoro's curtains open and the window slide up. 

"What is it?" Zoro asked. He talked loud enough for Luffy to hear him without the phone. 

"Shh," Luffy said, holding his finger over his lips. 

"This is dumb, we're not 12 anymore just come over," Zoro muttered. 

"Well, then I might run into Torao..." Luffy muttered. 

"Why would that—" Zoro paused and looked down at Luffy from his bedroom window. His house being two stories and Luffy's being one really didn't help this situation. "Did something happen with Law?"

"Kinda..." Luffy admitted. He didn't go on though. That was odd, Zoro thought to himself. Luffy wasn't usually coy. Guess Zoro would have to pry it out of him. 

"Spit it out then," Zoro said. He climbed out his window and onto the roof of the garage. He got as close to Luffy's window as he could. 

"Torao caught me and Kid," Luffy started, to say. Zoro laughed hard at that, he didn't even let Luffy finish. But his laugh made everything seem like Luffy was just getting nervous over something that wasn't a big deal. That was more relieving than anything.

"Holy shit man, you and Kid fucked in Vivi's house!?" Zoro was laughing again. 

"N-no!" Luffy cut in, he couldn't do anything about the blush that covered his face. "We didn't get that far..." 

Zoro started laughing again and Luffy waited for Zoro to calm down. It wasn't that funny! It was embarrassing! 

"Okay, okay, what happened then? It must have been bad if you don't even wanna run into him," Zoro said. He set his phone on the rooftop next to him but didn't hang up the call. 

"He pulled Kid away and hit him," Luffy continued Zoro raised his eyebrows.

"Well, shit," Zoro paused and watched Luffy for a minute. "There's more isn't there?" 

"Yeah," Luffy drew out the 'a' and scratched the back of his head. 

"Instead of fighting, they got into an argument," Luffy explained how Law had called Kid a whore and how Kid said all that stuff about Law being jealous and selfish. When Luffy was done talking, Zoro sat in silence for a few moments.