Chapter Twenty-Seven: Hawthorne Mall II

A/N: first, still technically wednesday, at least for me... second!! Things are starting to get a lil spicy ;3

"Luffy, Luffy, Luffy!" Usopp came into Luffy's room, camera set on him as Luffy pulled his shirt over his head, his shirt got caught on the bright red cast that now adorned his arm. Luffy's week of suspension was just about over. He'd go back to school on Tuesday which was just a couple days away seeing as it was Saturday. Luffy had been starting to get bored, so returning to school was something he was actually excited about.

"Usopp?" Luffy questioned, He hadn't expected Usopp there at all. Luffy got his cast free of his shirt and straightened it out.

"We've got a video to make!" Usopp zoomed in on Luffy's face. His hair was sticking up in weird places, Luffy looked like he just got out of bed, which was likely the case.

"We do?" Luffy asked, tilting his head.

"Duh, why else would I have the camera?" Usopp asked, shaking it as he spoke.

"Are you recording now?" Luffy asked.

Usopp nodded. "Say hello!"

"Hi everyone!" Luffy waved at the camera before running his hand through his hair. Now it was sticking up in the messy way that was normal for Luffy.

"The video that we posted when we found that empty house got a bunch of views and someone commented about another empty place that looks really cool!" Usopp said.

"Oh really!?" Luffy grinned, looking at the camera more than Usopp.

"Yep," Usopp said proudly. "I got the address ready to go, it's in town too, well, kinda, it's in Hawthorne"

"Shishi, so an adventure!"

"Yep our video with be, 'The Brave Usopp and Daring Luffy Take On the Dangerous Vacant Hawthorne Mall!'"

"That's way too long." Luffy scrunched his nose.

"The titles a work-in-progress!" Usopp said. "But everything's ready to go, I even got masks like Chopper told us to wear because of asbestos."

"Sweet!" Luffy chirped, slipping on his sandals. "Let's go!" He and Usopp shuffled out of Luffy's house.

Luffy was surprised to see Kid's car parked outside.

"Kid!" Luffy shouted. "You're coming!?"

"Of course I am, how else am I gonna do video's with ya while you're on house arrest?" Kid asked. Luffy ran up to Kid's car. Luffy leaned into the window.

"Ace and Sabo said that was only until I graduate after then they said I'm on my own if I get in trouble."

"So it'll be like this a few more years, eh?" Killer asked, messing with Luffy.

"No!" Luffy stuck his chin up with confidence. "We graduate in a month!" Kid laughed at that.

"Luf, what the hell did you do to your arm?" Kid asked. Luffy looked down at the cast.

"Oh, I got into a fight at school last week," Luffy said. He was getting kinda tired of people asking but it couldn't be helped.

"Hope the other guy got it worse," Kid said.

"Well, at least one of them got a broken nose," Luffy said with a grin.

"'One of them'? How many were there?" Killer asked.

"Three," Luffy said. Holding up that many fingers on his casted hand.

"Hope that doesn't stop you from sneaking into the mall," Killer muttered.