Chapter Fifty-Six: The Snowball Effect

A/N: So im really swamped w/ school and work, and do not have time to write, this is the last chapter that's gonna be going up for probably the next two or three weeks since I don't have any more chapters ready to go. 

Also TW: Drug Abuse 

"Sabo," Ace said staring his brother down in the kitchen. Sabo was frowning at his phone and didn't even give Ace so much as a glance. "SAAHH—BOH!" 

"What?" Sabo huffed looking up at Ace, finally. That didn't last long seeing as he immediately looked back down at his phone. That was rude! What could possibly be more important?

"I know a secret," Ace said with a smirk that only meant mischief as he leaned against the counter with his elbow. Ace pressed the tips of his fingers together, waiting for Sabo to respond. 

Sabo furrowed his brows and glanced up at Ace again. "It's not really a secret if you're telling." Sabo pointed out with a small smirk. Ace rolled his eyes. 

"So I guess you don't want to know what's going on with Law and Luffy?" Ace asked, knowing Sabo would definitely take the bait now. This wasn't breaking Ace's promise to Luffy, all the information he was going to share with Sabo, Ace got from Law. And Ace made no promise to Law about anything. That, and brothers don't keep secrets, that like the golden rule or something. 

"What on earth are you talking about?" Sabo asked. 

"Ah, that's right, you haven't been around very much since the deal you got," Ace mused, teasing Sabo just a little. "Well, my wayward brother, Law and Luffy haven't spoken to each other hardly at all the last few weeks." 

"Huh? Why?" Sabo set his phone down on the dormant stove and gave Ace his full attention. 

"Well, Law did something stupid because he was jealous, I don't really know the details on that," Ace waved off the statement as if were a fly getting too close. 

"Jealous?" Sabo echoed. "Of what?" 

"Like I said,  I don't know the details, but it had to do with Kid and Luffy," Ace said. 

"Okay, so what? None of us like Kid," Sabo said. 

"Law and Luffy like each other," Ace said, clearly Sabo wasn't going to connect the dots on his own. 

"What?" 

"Well, I think the feelings mutual, not really sure with Law but it seems like it," Ace went on with a chuckle. 

"Law and Luffy?" Sabo asked, his phone buzzed loudly on the stove between the two of them. Sabo looked at it and frowned before continuing his thoughts. "Since when?" 

"At least since Luffy's birthday," Ace said. 

"What the fuck?" Sabo asked. "Wait! How long have you known!?" 

"Since right after Luffy left for Egypt," Ace said, in reference to his conversation with Law. 

"I can't believe Law didn't at least say something..." Sabo grumbled and crossed his arms. He leaned back against the counter and looked up at the ceiling. 

"Law said Luffy was the reason him and Bonney broke up too," Ace added. 

"Oh, so it's serious?" Sabo muttered. 

"Yep, I wouldn't be surprised if they went on a date when Luffy gets back." Ace laughed at the thought of that. Sabo only looked back at his vibrating phone and sighed. He picked it up again. Ace could see how upset whatever message he had made him. 

"What's going on?" 

"Huh?" Sabo muttered, not looking up as he typed. 

"You look upset," Ace observed.