Chapter Eight: Episode Two and Past Feelings

[1] "- One death has already been attributed to the Glow Cloud. But listen, it's probably nothing." This was ridiculous. Law thought it was when he read over the script the first time. Goddamnit.  

"Were you guys high when you wrote this?" Law asked.

"Law shut the fuck up and read the damned script," Peng said. He had to do the opposite of what he just said in order to do that. Law really should have said as much but he held his tongue. 

"From 'One death...'" Reiju instructed. Law took a deep breath and read over the next few lines again. Repeating the words he had just spoken before moving on to the next. 

" If we had to shut down the town for every mysterious event that at least one death could be attributed to, we'd never have time to do anything, right?"

"Again," Reiju said. She was starting to get on Law's nerves. He took another breath and started over. This was a damned disaster. Law couldn't focus on the script at all. He read through the page another time before Reiju finally let him move on. 

Seriously, how the hell did Penguin and Shachi come up with this? A floating cat, a "Glow Cloud," a five-headed dragon. This was insane. Who was actually going to be listening to this?
What the hell?

Law read through the whole script, taking breaks between pages. Each page seemed to drone on and on. It's not that it was boring, there was just enough of a what-the-fuck? factor to keep Law intrigued. It's just that every page he read over and over. And every page Reiju made sure Law was nothing less than perfect. 

Law supposed if he did it enough it would become second nature and he wouldn't even have to think about the way he articulated words or the tone he put into each sentence.  

Shachi stretched his arms back, locking his fingers behind his head and leaning back in his swivel chair. "Finally done, I'm starving! Let's go out to eat, celebrate the second episode!" 

"That sounds great, I'll call Bonney too," Peng said. Law checked his phone, it had gone off a couple of times since we started. "You in, Reiju?" 

"Where are we going?" She asked. 

"Where ever you feel like, I'm so hungry I don't care," Shachi turned in his chair. "You're coming too, Law." 

"Can't, Ace-ya needs the car," Law stated. He needed to pick up Marco's daughter from school since Marco was taking his appointments because of Ace's hand. 

"Damn, you've gotta get your own car," Peng said. 

"You gunna buy me one?" Law retorted. 

"Well, no." 

"Then shut up." Law grabbed the car keys from the table he had left them. "I'll see you all later." Law waved as he left. It was particularly warm out today. The heat of summer really was starting to set in. It wasn't a pleasant warmth either, it was one that made clothes cling to skin and made the hair feel thick.  Law had nearly forgotten just how hot it can get in the city. At least it was a little cloudy. He headed home. Ace left shortly after Law returned. 

Law sat down on the couch, scrolling through his phone with nothing better to do when there was a knock on the door, followed by Bonney's contact popping up on his phone. Oh? 

"Hey, Bonney-ya," he answered. 

"Answer the door, dumbass, we're getting food," She said before hanging up. Law sighed, grabbed his wallet, and did as Bonney said. She'd just keep knocking on the door If he didn't.  

"Let's go, we're going to a Thai place near the studio," Bonney said with her hands in fists on her hips.

"Don't really have a choice, do I?" Law asked.