Chapter Fifty-Seven: River Islands

A/N: So i continue to have very bad timing seeing as I have finals in two weeks and thus my brain is soup. however, I am back for your regularly scheduled programing with the exception of my finals week because I will be taking a break that week. 

"Okay, it is now evening, now," Kid said to the camera Killer was holding. "We're heading to an island—"

"You know, cause they couldn't tell from the fact that we're no a boat," Killer said. 

Kid rolled his eyes and continued.  "I told Luffy that we'd be there and what time, but it's been over twelve hours since we heard from him..." 

"N-No one tell Ace or Sabo!" Usopp cut in with panic in his voice, jumping into the camera frame as he spoke. 

"If we can't find him what are you going to call your channel?" Killer asked. 

"I'll just be Usopp and," Usopp said in a horrified tone. 

"You're keeping the and?" Kid asked. 

"It's to remember Luffy by," Usopp said. 

"Well, wouldn't it be Usoapy and?" Killer asked. Kid chuckled at that. 

"Really guys! What if we don't find Luffy?" Usopp asked. 

"We'll figure out that part if it comes to it, I guess," Kid said, crossing his arms over his chest with a sigh. 

"Yeah, for now, let's just hope Luffy's on that island, if he's not, we'll try and get a hold of him and if it comes down to it, we'll contact the police," Killer said. That didn't comfort Usopp in the least. Still, he didn't have much choice in the matter. The boat would be docking soon and then they could try to look for Luffy. 

Once the boat docked, the three of them shuffled off onto the island. They didn't start looking for Luffy right away, instead, they went with their tour guide to what seemed to be the market area of the island. They wandered around there for a few hours. And there wasn't much of the place they hadn't already encountered in the previous days, save for the camels that were lounging outside between buildings. 

Usopp walked up to one with a big grin. "Hello there," Usopp said, reaching out to scratch the camel's head. "Don't spit on me..." Usopp scratched behind the camel's ears and the camel watched him as it chewed. "Have you seen Luffy around here?" Usopp asked the camel. He didn't expect a response but Kid had the camera on him anyway. 

"He's about this tall," Usopp gestured to Luffy's height. "And he's wearing a strawhat." 

"I don't think he's seen Luffy," Killer commented. 

"I'm starting to get really worried, he hadn't even texted us!" Usopp said. "What if he did something stupid and got arrested?" 

"Well, let's go wander around and try to find him," Kid suggested, he led the way, walking down the dirt pathway as a group of tourists came by. There was a guy glad in all pink leading the tourists, though he was obviously a tourist himself. Kid paid them no mind and instead only looked for signs of Luffy. 

"He can't be away from us that long, I doubt he took very much money with him, so he'll want food eventually," Killer commented. 

"Knowing Luffy, he probably already found a way to get food seeing as he's gone breakfast, lunch, since the last time we saw him," Usopp said, looking around. 

"Getting close to dinner too," Killer added as he peeked into a shop they were passing by. 

"Luffy!?" Usopp called, looking down the pathway and around the area they were in.