Chapter Nine: A Declaration of War

A/N: Hey yall sorry this is a bit late ive had a long past few days. I drove home for winter break and let me tell ya, going over mountain passes in snowstorms is scary and not fun! But life seems to be calming down, for the most part, I hope you're all having a wonderful day, see ya next week!!

"Zoro and Robin can't come today," Vivi said, stepping forward to avoid a kid bumping into her. 

"Awe, how come?" Luffy asked. Vivi shrugged. 

"Neither of them said anything else, just that they were busy and couldn't make it." Vivi shifted her backpack on her shoulder. 

"Nojiko is having the bar inspected today so we can't go there," Nami said as she walked up to them. She dropped her school back at her feet, not caring that it flopped against her leg. 

"—I fucking hate my brothers, every single one of them," Sanji growled, coming from the stairs to join them as well. 

"I can kick their asses for you!" Luffy offered. Sanji just shook his head. 

"Thanks Luf, but I think that'd only make it worse, I still have to live with those assholes, remember?" Luffy puffed up his cheeks. 

"Fine, but if they lay finger on you I'll kick their asses," Luffy declared. 

"Trust me, I'll help you," Sanji muttered. "Where is everyone else?" 

"Robin and Zoro aren't coming," Usopp said, "everyone else, well I dunno." 

"We can always go to Franky's," Vivi said. 

"Doesn't his brother get annoyed when Franky has friends over?" Usopp asked. 

"I don't care," Nami waved her hand. "Franky will get us liquor." 

"And weed," Sanji added with a smirk. 

Nami rolled her eyes. "I hate the smell of that shit." 

"I know, I'd never smoke it around you," Sanji said. 

"Hi!" Chopper chirped, Kaya was with him, they had their last class together. Usopp smiled at her. Kaya slipped her hand into Usopp's. 

"Anyway, we can give Fanky a call, or see if Jimbei will let us hang out in his dojo," Nami said. 

"We aren't going to Nojiko's?" Chopper asked Nami shook her head and pulled out her phone and called Franky. She wasn't on the phone with him very long before she hung up.
"Franky says it's all good, he'll head out to get some beer and meet us at his shop."

"Iceberg won't care?" Chopper asked, pulling on the straps of his backpack.

"Franky said he was out of town, so what's there to care about?" Nami said. She put her phone away. "See you there!" Nami waved as she left. Vivi followed.

"I'll give you a ride Luf, let's go," Usopp said. Usopp, Kaya, Chopper, and Luffy made their way to the ground floor and out to the parking lot. It was full of people trying to get out and students walking around, people yelling at their friends and lingering in the courtyard. Chaos as usual. Usopp's car was parked at the end, near the parking lot's exit. Chopper, Kaya and Luffy climbed into Usopp's car. Several minutes later, they were sitting in front of Franky's auto shop, well, technically it was Iceberg's, but that made no difference.

"Huh, Nami's not here yet," Usopp muttered as he parked. "Or Sanji."

"They'll be here soon," Luffy said, jumping out of the car. Franky's truck was right next to them. Luffy headed through the door that read CLOSED ahead of everyone.

"Franky!?" He called. There was the sound of creeky footsteps.

"Upstairs Luf-Bro!" Luffy hurried up the stairs into the apartment that was above the auto shop. It was a small, two-bedroom place that Franky shared with Iceberg. As soon as Luffy walked in, he found Franky setting a case of beer on the coffee table. As usual, the apartment was cluttered with things, tools, and projects, some wrappers floating around.