Chapter Fifty-Three: Camels and Cruises and Lightshows.

A/N (edit): I just forgot to but the yt vid in the link thing above ^^

Luffy was relieved to finally be out of the pyramids. It was cool for a little while but Luffy wasn't allowed to touch anything and there was very little they were actually allowed to record. And Kid was nearly arrested for what he did manage to record. Luckily the tour guide was able to talk the guards out of it before they even tried to arrest Kid. After the pyramid tour is what Luffy was really waiting for!

There was a massive line of camels on the side of one of the pyramids. Luffy grinned the moment he saw them. This is the only thing that had gotten Luffy through the boring lectures he had been given about the old, dead kings that owned those pyramids.

"Luffy, hold on!" Usopp called as Luffy ran for the line of camels bathing in the sunlight. Luffy darted between the people that were in his way, they all gave him confused glances, and finally, Luffy got close to a camel.

"Hi!" Luffy said to the camel who looked at him as if he had just offended its bloodline. The camel slowly turned its head away from Luffy. Luffy frowned.

"Well, you don't have to be rude!" Luffy snapped at it. He reached out and patted the back of its neck.

"Luffy, did you just pet a random camel?" Kid asked.

"Shishi, yeah!" Luffy grinned. Kid had the camera aimed at him.

"So they're going to get distracted with that, and we're not going to be able to ride the camels we came that Kid paid for," Usopp said.

"Pretty much," Killer agreed, crossing his arms and watching as the camel tried to eat Luffy's hat. Usopp looked past Killer, toward their tour guide, who seemed to have wandered off ahead of them.

"And our tour guide is gone," Usopp noted.

"That sounds about right," Killer mused, not even looking to confirm what Usopp had said. Oh great.

"THAT'S MY HAT!" Luffy shouted at the camel he yanked the strawhat away from the camel and hit it on the back of the head with the hat. Kid started laughing at Luffy's outburst while others shook their heads in disapproval. Usopp could only guess that Luffy had committed some sort of social etiquette crime.

"Our tour guide is leaving us behind," Killer called suddenly. Usopp had really thought that Killer was just going to let the events transpire, but he became Usopp's saving grace.

"Oh," Kid looked back over at Killer and Usopp, then in the direction, they had been walking in. "Well, shit," Kid looked back over to Luffy. "Let's go." Kid didn't wait for Luffy to actually follow him. Instead, he grabbed the back of Luffy's shirt and pulled him back to Usopp and Killer.

"Kid!" Luffy snapped.

"No time, we lost the tour guide and if we don't catch up, we won't be able to ride camels!" Kid said.

"We have to ride the camels!" Luffy declared as he pushed past Killer and Usopp, heading back the way they had come.

"Luffy, this way," Usopp called before Luffy could get too far away. Kid passed off the camera to Killer. He brushed back his hair and scanned the crowd for the tour guide.

"Oh, right!" Luffy turned on his heel and backtracked toward the others. "March!" Luffy ordered, pushing past all three of them and lead the way, in the right direction this time. The tour guide seemed to have noticed they got separated and was making his way back to them as Luffy lead the way.

"Oh!" Usopp chirped with relief. "How lucky!"

It took a few minutes but, eventually, they got to where they were supposed to be. There were a group of camels laying out in the sun. They weren't all lined up like they were before. Instead, they were spaced out and just resting in the desert heat. The tour guide greeted one of the camel handlers and started talking with him in Arabic. After another minute or two, Kid was being instructed to get on a camel.