Chapter Fifty-Four: Down Rabbit Holes

A/N: TW: Drug Abuse

Pls let me know if you need a summary of the chapter <3

"Law," Ace said. His arms were crossed and he was standing over Law, who had been asleep on the crappy air mattress before there was a weirdo standing over him. Law wanted to pull his blanket over his head and ignore Ace. But he knew that would only result in Ace pulling the blanket off of him and probably jumping on him.

"Ace-ya?" Law muttered into his pillow that still smelt like the store he bought it from. The warmth was pleasant all the same. "How the hell did you even get in?"

"That's not important," Ace said. Law assumed Ace probably figured out a way to break into Law's apartment. He crouched down low to be closer to Law, who opened only one eye to look up at him. He looked like he was here to talk about something serious. First, Law's mind went to Tama, and how Marco might be upset over the nail polish. But that didn't sound like Marco at all, and that had been days ago. Ace or Marco would have said something to Law way sooner. It couldn't be that Law left something at his house, Ace would have just texted him.

Law let out a long, tired sigh. "What do you want?" He muttered, deciding he did not know why Ace was here.

"What's going on with you and Luffy?" Ace asked. He knew the answer to that, but he promised Luffy he wouldn't tell anyone, so this is how he was going to get around that. Both Law's eyes were open wide now. Got him. Ace forced himself to keep from smirking though. He didn't want Law to know anything about his knowledge on the topic.

"W—what are you talking about?" Law asked. He was almost as bad as hiding shit as Luffy was. Almost.

"I'm not stupid, what's going on with you two?" Ace insisted, waving his arm at Law as he spoke.

"Um," Law sat up now and became eye level with Ace. He rubbed his eyes and looked down at the unkept bed sheets he was under. "It's... complicated..."

"Cool, I've got time," Ace said, still trying to weasel it out of Law. He had to make sure Law didn't have any suspicions of Luffy telling Ace so he'd have to get Law to say as much as he could. And then he'd have to knock some sense into Law. Who the hell did Law think he was anyway? Making Luffy feel like he was crazy. Ace ought to physically knock some sense into the guy. Law was just lucky they had been friends for so long and that Luffy didn't come to Ace crying.

"There's no way out of this, huh?" Law muttered, he seemed really reluctant to talk about anything that had to do with the topic at hand. And maybe Ace was out of line for prying but honestly, the lack of communication going on was more than ridiculous. And frankly, immature at least on Law's part.

"Nope, not when my brother is involved, now spill." Ace waited for Law to go on.

"Luffy he..." Law struggled to find the right word. Crush seemed far too childish but anything more than that was too intense. Or at least Law thought so. "He has a crush on me."

Ace nodded and Law watched him, gauging his reaction. When Law didn't say anything else, Ace asked, "And?"

"And?" Law echoed stupidly. Law thought Ace would react more than just that. This was Luffy after all. Law half expected Ace to threaten him or tell him to stay away from Luffy. Ace rolled his eyes, which was the last thing Law expected. He didn't know how to read such a reaction coming from Ace.

"I doubt you and Luffy and you are being so weird around each other just because of a crush," Ace said. "Even you have more grace than that." Ace shifted his weight and plopped onto the carpet of Law's bedroom. "So, do tell." Ace looked at Law, waiting for him to continue.