Chapter Thirty-Two: Kid, Prom, and Lunch

Over the week Luffy's mouth healed and it was hell! He could hardly eat anything that wasn't liquid. And when finally could eat something, it had to be soft otherwise it hurt. Luffy wanted to cry when Sabo and Law made hardshell tacos and had to warm up soft tortillas just so Luffy could have some. And it took so long to eat the one plate Luffy had that he couldn't even get seconds because Sabo and Ace ate it all.

Luffy had never wanted chips more in his entire life! But no his stupid teeth just had to be yanked out. Luffy hated this. He couldn't wait until the day he could hog down a cheeseburger and fries without hesitation. These small bites and soft foods were going to kill him. He was going to starve to death. Wouldn't even make it to graduation.

Luffy was thinking about food as he unlocked the front door to let him and Usopp inside. They had videos to work on and upload.

"Oh, Luf, have you gotten prom tickets yet?" Usopp asked as they walked in.

"Oh, prom? I forgot about that," Luffy muttered. He didn't care much for school dances, he didn't really like dressing up all nice like they usually did. Though going with everyone was always really fun at the end of the night, no matter how the dance had gone. Even if they ended up only being at the dance for half an hour like they did with homecoming last year.

"It's on Friday, you better hurry up," Usopp said, he threw his backpack on the floor behind the couch. Luffy did too and headed for the kitchen for snacks. "Everyone but you and Zoro got their tickets."

"Oh," Luffy muttered. "Hi, Torao!"

"Hi," Law muttered, not looking up from his computer screen. He was on that a lot recently. Luffy paid it no mind.

"Did Ace or Sabo say when they'd be home?" Luffy asked as he threw open the fridge—it looked like someone had just gone shopping. Luffy grabbed two Powerades for him and Usopp.

"Ace said he'd be home around four, I don't know about Sabo," Law said.

"Oh," Luffy opened up his drink and took a big gulp from it before looking for food. "Hey, Usopp, do you think Kid would want to go to Prom with us?" Law looked up from his computer and bumped something under the table.

"Maybe, you'll have to get a guest pass through," Usopp said. "And they need a bunch of signatures and stuff," Usopp said. "How old is Kid?"

"Uhh, I think 21," Luffy said, though he really didn't know. It was somewhere around there.

"Are you gunna ask him to go to prom with you?" Usopp wiggled his eyebrows at Luffy.

"Maybe," Luffy shrugged, not thinking twice about they way Usopp was acting all of a sudden.

"Don't you think Kid's a little old for that?" Law asked, there was some edge to his voice. He winced at that. It wasn't any of his business.

"He's only a couple years older than us, the rules say that 21 is the age limit for guests," Usopp said with a shrug. He leaned back against the counter and opened up his drink. "I don't see why he would be too old."

"I'd say that's too old," Law muttered. Luffy frowned. What the heck was wrong with that? It was just prom.

"Not really..." Usopp trailed off. "Wait a second!" Usopp gasped and turned to Law. "Are you jealous Torao?" Jealous?

"No," Law scoffed. He looked back down at the screen. That was weird.

"Why would Torao be jealous?" Luffy asked.

"Oh, c'mon Luffy, you just said you were gunna ask Kid to go to prom with you," Usopp walked over to Luffy and nudged him with his elbow.

"What are you talki—" Luffy seemed to get what Usopp must have thought. He was acting like Zoro had when he asked if Luffy liked Law. "Hey! I'm not asking him like that!"