Chapter Forty: Luncheons, Graduation, and Conversations with Chicken Nuggets

A/N: hey my dudes I've had a crazy long day and im so relieved i was able to still post this!! Hope you all have a great week and see yall next week~

"Sabo please!" Luffy pleaded to Sabo. Sabo pinched the bridge of his nose. Luffy had been going at this for the last ten minutes and Sabo had had enough of it at this point.  "Zoro can't even go to the Luncheon!" Luffy paused and took a deep breath before going on. "I want to go with all my friends." 

"All your friends won't be able to go to the luncheon, so what difference does Zoro make?" Sabo retorted. Sabo looked at Luffy from across the kitchen. He hated keeping Luffy from having fun but he could just get away with outright ignoring the one rule he had on prom night.

"But it is going to be just the seniors at Vivi's!" Luffy cut in. He cut across the kitchen and leaned against the counter next to Sabo.  "Chopper and Kaya aren't going and my friends are inviting some other seniors too!" 

"It's the same time as the school's senior luncheon?" Sabo asked. He couldn't believe he was even considering the fact. But Zoro and Luffy had been friends since they first moved here... they should be able to have this luncheon thing together. 

"Yes!" Luffy said. "We're even going back to school after too, like everyone else that's going to the school's luncheon." Well, If that were the case, it was basically the same thing as the school's luncheon. 

Sabo took a deep sigh and looked over at Ace, who was working on a tattoo design on the kitchen table. "What do you think Ace?" 

Ace paused and looked up at Sabo. He tried not to roll his eyes, but he really didn't want to get roped into that conversation. 

"Let him go," Ace said, he looked down at his drawing. "It's not like Luffy's lying, besides, Kid won't be there so there's no reason to worry much about that." 

"Fine, you can go, but nowhere else!" Sabo relented. What was the worst that could happen? It's not like Kid was going to be there. 

"Yes!" Luffy cheered. "Thanks, Sabo!" 

Luffy headed to his room, he could yell at Zoro through his bedroom window with the good news. Luffy pushed his window open and started throwing things at Zoro's window. It's a good thing Luffy broke the screen years ago. 

"Zoro!" Luffy shouted, throwing another balled up sock at Zoro's window. It bounced off the window and fell into Zoro's yard. Finally, he could see Zoro in the window. Zoro pushed his own window open. 

"Luffy, what the hell?" Zoro asked. Zoro looked down at the socks scattered in his yard. He was definitely going to make Luffy pick up his own dirty socks this time. 

"Sabo and Ace are letting me go to Vivi's for the luncheon!" 

"Really!?" Zoro said with a grin. That was a relief. 

Luffy nodded. "Yep! Now we can definitely all have it together! Shishi, I told you didn't I?" 

"Yeah you did," Zoro muttered with a small grin. 

__

That Friday the luncheon finally rolled around. When all the seniors were released from class for it, Luffy met his friends in the parking lot. Luckily the campus security was all near the Bus zone on the other side of the school, so there was no one there to stop them. They were just waiting for Zoro to get out of class. It was gunna be hard for him to get out since all their teachers knew he wasn't supposed to go to the luncheon. 

They waited for almost 20 minutes for Zoro. While they were waiting though, a few others showed up. Jonny and Yosaku, Kiku too! 

"Damn my teacher wouldn't let me leave until the buses for luncheon were full," Zoro grumbled. "He even had a walkie to make sure."