Chapter Thirty-One: ...and Pining

"Go long, go long!" Sabo shouted as Law walked into the house, he set his stuff down by the door and went into the kitchen to see what the hell was going on.

Luffy backed up until he ran into the table. Just as Law was about to step into the kitchen, Ace stuck his hand out to stop him. Law watched as Sabo flug a chunk of watermelon at Luffy. The watermelon curved in Law's direction and Luffy just about dived for it. Luffy caught the watermelon then crashed into Law and Ace. Law stumbled backward and Ace caught Luffy before he hit the ground. Luffy stood upright and raised both fists in the air.

"Got it!" He cheered with a mouth full of watermelon.

"Woohoo!" Sabo cheered and popped a cube of watermelon into his own mouth. "Ace!"

Sabo didn't hesitate to fling a cube of watermelon at Ace and it hit Law in the nose. Law managed to catch it before it hit the ground.

"Sorry, Law," Sabo said with a chuckle. He didn't look very sorry at all. Law popped the watermelon into his mouth. Saying it was perfect was a critical understatement. It wasn't often that Law came across good watermelon. Or at least not recently but Law hadn't exactly had a lot of options.

Then again Ace had a knack for picking out the best ones. It was one of those unexplainable phenomenons that Law just accepted as true. There were a lot of those that involved Ace or Sabo in some form.

"Go again!" Ace said, moving further into the kitchen. Sabo launched yet another watermelon cube at Ace. Luffy sprinted across the kitchen used Ace's shoulder to pull himself to the proper height and caught the cube in his mouth. His accuracy was a little more than impressive, that Law had to agree with.

"You little shit!" Ace grumbled. Ace knocked Luffy to the ground.

"Hey!" Luffy shouted as Ace pinned him down with his foot between Luffy's shoulder blades.

Sabo chuckled and threw another cube. This time Ace caught it. Luffy reached behind him and managed to get a hold of Ace's leg. Ace tumbled to the ground and brought a chair down with him. Law took a step back to ensure he avoided getting into the mess the brothers were in.

"You three are a hazard to yourselves and everyone around you," Law muttered, shaking his head at the brothers but smiling all the same. It wasn't easy to be mad or even annoyed at their shenanigans.

"Why am I being lumped with them? I'm not on the ground with them!" Sabo huffed in a weak attempt to defend himself. Law rolled his eyes.

"You're the one throwing watermelon," Law commented. He stepped over Ace's leg as Luffy pushed Ace's head into the linoleum kitchen floor. He leaned against the counter next to Sabo and helped himself to another watermelon cube. "That—" Law pointed to Ace and Luffy, still wrestling on the floor. "—is your fault."

Sabo shrugged and took some watermelon for himself. "You've got a point there, but it's fun to watch." Ace shoved Luffy off of him and into the chair that had tipped over, there was a loud crunch of wood and a yelp from Luffy as he landed on his cast.

"Ace-ya, don't break Luffy even more," Law said, still just watching the two.

"And don't break our furniture!" Sabo cut in. They both ignored them. Ace pushed Luffy down, getting on top of him and trapping him to the ground.

"Ow! Ace, my arm!" Luffy grumbled. With a deep sigh and another piece of watermelon, Law opted to get between them. He'd rather not see Luffy's broken wrist getting worse.

"I wouldn't do that," Sabo advised. Law didn't listen.

It took less than a moment for Law to end up on his ass along with Ace and Luffy. Still, Law managed to get between them and separate the two.