Chapter Sixty: Crash and Burn

A/N: Will I ever be able to write a reasonably lengthed multi-chapter fic? Nope, not at all, thus chapter sixty is brought to you by: I thought I'd be done with this fic by now. 

TW: Drug Abuse 

Law felt like shit. His head hurt and he was exhausted. Not the kind of exhaustion that could be remedied with a full night of sleep. No, this was deeper. Law's very bones could feel the weight of this exhaustion. Through all the all-nighters he had done to get homework done, nothing compared to this. The only time Law had felt even close to this exhausted was when he was in prison, coming off a high way too early in the morning, with a corrections officer banging on his cell door. 

Law pushed the thought aside and sat up off the floor. He felt shitty enough without those daunting memories. The fact that he had slept off his high on the floor didn't help much either. It always left him aching and Law couldn't fathom why he always ended up on the floor of all places. 

"Mornin' sleepyhead," Ikkaku said with a snort. She was in a good mood. Law didn't need to even guess at why that was. The open pill bottle was evidence enough. 

"Wow, Law, you look like you want to kill me," Ikkaku noted with a smile. "If you're in that bad of a mood you can help yourself."  She gestured to the pill bottle sitting on the coffee table that he and Ikkaku had pushed against the wall and out of the way. 

Law didn't hesitate to reach for it. "There's not much left," Law said. Not compared to the start of the week, it had been full to the brim then. 

"Finish it off, I'm getting more tomorrow anyway," Ikkaku said carelessly. What was left was more than what usually took to get Law high, with a shrug, he knocked back what was left. 

Law should have been concerned with how easy it was to take that many pills without needing to wash them down. If he were in a better mood, maybe he would have cared. 

Law looked around him, seeking out his phone. Needless to say, it was on the floor next to him. It was almost 11. Luffy should have landed hours ago. Law just hoped he had at least a text from him. Though Law certainly wouldn't blame Luffy for not letting Law know he was back in town. 

Not after the way he acted the month before Luffy left. 

Law had tons of notifications. Mostly memes from Ace and Penguin. A text from Shachi and Sabo, a missed call from Sabo. Law flew past all those notifications, instead, he searched out Luffy's name and found nothing. Law frowned. Well, at least the high would kick in soon to distract him from the fact that Luffy probably hated him now. 

Law instead went through his messages, checking the texts from Shachi and Penguin first. Memes and something about the podcast. Nothing Law cared about right now. Then Ace's messages, again just memes and something about being excited that Luffy was getting back today. 

Then Sabo. 

Law had only thought there was one missed call from Sabo but there were five. And five text messages to match those calls. Oh no...

Law opened the text first and nearly dropped his phone.