Eight | Breathtaking

I didn't know how to answer to what Justin said to me two hours ago. I couldn't get what he said to me out of my head.

Come with me to France. .

I would go anywhere with Justin but, France? That was so far away from home. I had drove back home and told him to give me sometime to think about it. I didn't have long to decide because he was leaving early in the morning and I needed to get back to the hotel tonight. But what if we don't come back for a month? I know nonna and nonno would be so worried about me. I can't just disappear like that. Even though I could just tell them everything.

I let out a huge breath and get up from my bed. I turn to see nonna standing at my door smiling. "Hey." I breathe.

She smiles her sweet smile. "Hello Dana. I just came to check on you. How's everything?"

I sigh and pull a strand of hair behind my ear. "Nonna I have to ask you something."

She furrowed her thin eyebrows and says, "What is it dear?"

I bite my lip. "I uh...well Justin... he asked me to go to... France with him. C-can I go?"

I prepare for her to deny me and tell me that France was way too far and it wasn't safe but, she does the complete opposite. She actually tells me yes.

My eyes widen. "Wh-- really?"

"You're going to be with Justin, right?" Nonna asked.

"Yes."

"Then yes, I'm okay with it. As long as you're with him I know that you're safe. I've always liked him a lot more than your new boyfriend." She shakes her head.

I laugh almost too loud. "Lucky for you, Elliot's not my boyfriend anymore." I pull my suitcase from my closet and start throwimg random clothes in it. "But, I have to get ready because we're leaving first thing in the morning."

"All I ask is that you call me every other day so I know that you're safe. I love you honey."

I give nonna a warm smile before nodding. When she leaves I start throwing random clothes in my suitcase. Then I gather all of my hygiene products, and my combs and brushes and do the same. After about ten minutes I go over my mental list to make sure I have everything I need and when I do, I drag my suitcases down the stairs and out of the house. I'm super excited to be leaving the country. For the second time might I add. I hope this trip will be as fun and exciting as I'm thinking it will be. Just as I'm about to hop in the car, someone wraps their arms around me from behind. For a second I thought it was Justin until I feel curls brushing against my neck. I turn around quickly and back up seeing Elliot's smile fade. "Elliot, wh-what are you doing here?"

He scans my eyes briefly before sighing. "I just needed to see you."

"Elliot look --"

"Wow." He looks me up and down before shaking his head. "So you really weren't lying huh? You really went back to him? I see you rocking his initial and everything." He chuckles and it was then that I realized that I was still wearing this varsity jacket Justin bought me. "I was afraid this would happen. I was afraid that once you saw him again you would want him back. Y'know, we should've kept it at friends because if we did I wouldn't be stuck with a broken heart right now."

I lowered my head and stared down at the pavement letting my hair fall over my face. I felt so bad. I didn't know he would feel so bad about it. "Can we still be f-friends?"

"You can't be so selfish Dana. Now that I have some kind of feelings for you I can't just be your friend. A year ago I was so grateful to have you as a friend but now, now I can't even look at you. It would hurt too much."