Twenty-Three | Just Be Smart

I peeled my eyes open slowly and sat up in bed. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel slightly disappointed when I looked over and seen the spot next to me empty. I just brushed the feeling off and swung my legs over the bed, traveling to the bathroom. After handling my business and splashing a handful of warm water on my face, I leave my bathroom and then the bedroom making my way downstairs. As I near the bottom, the smell of bacon and eggs fill my nose.

I turned the corner and entered the kitchen finding Dana with her back turned, focused on the pan that was in front of her. Her hair was tied in a messy bun, she wore a huge sweatshirt that covered most of her body and denim shorts that you could only see if you were looking really close. I ran my tongue across my bottom lip as I took in her appearance. Just looking at the back of her turned me on. Creeping up behind her, my hands made their way around her waist and stayed there as I placed a gentle kiss on her cheek. She jumped slightly but then leaned into my lips as she flipped the omelets that were in the frying pan.

I looked over at two glass plates on the counter that was filled with bacon and pancakes, two tall glass cups sitting beside them.

"What exactly did I do to deserve all of this?" I asked.

Dana merely shrugged. "Well, you've been working really hard on your house the--"

"Our house." I corrected her.

She rolled her eyes and flipped the omelets again. "Our house," she mimicked. "the past couple of days and I just thought I'd do something special for you."

I smiled and started leaving kisses all over her cheek and jawline.

"Babe, stop." She giggled and leaned out of my reach. But I stretched my neck amd tried my best to keep going. This time she used her hand to seperate my lips from her face. "Seriously Justin, chill. Go get the orange juice from the fridge."

"You have to say please."

"Please." She said while placing the omelets on the plates and turning off the stove.

"You have to say please...daddy." I smirked.

She looked up and glared at me making me laugh. "Okay, okay, fine." I reluctantly removed my hands from her waist and traveled to the fridge to get the juice. As I opened it, I noticed it was completely full of food. So I frowned and looked at Dana. "You did all of this?" I asked.

"Yeah." She grabbed the juice from my hands and filled the cups. "I went out early in the morning before I got here. We've been eating too much take out and that gets boring after a while. Trust me, I'd know. There's also canned goods and snacks in the pantry."

I closed the fridge and leaned against the counter, forcing a smile. I can't say that I wasn't disappointed that Dana went shopping without me because then I'd be lying. I wanted that to be something we did together since we've rarely had time to ourselves for the past few days. "Thanks. I appreciate it." Was all I could say.

She passes me a plate and a glass of orange juice as I follow her to the kitchen island.

We were silent as we ate and the only thing you could hear was the metal of our forks hitting against the plate every now and then. My eyes wandered to the opening of the living room and through the front window. The sun beamed down on the hood of Dana's car which meant it was probably already warm out. It was the perfect weather to get out and do something.

"We should do something today." I told Dana.

She sipped her orange juice and her eyes remained on her food. "Yeah? Like what?"