Three | Studio Work

I sat in the SUV waitng for Scooter to arrive. He had stepped out to grab a cup of coffee at one in the afternoon. I swear, he's addicted to that shit. I'm looking out of the window at Dana talk to her boyfriend. It's the same guy I grabbed a while back because I thought he was trying to get with her. Look at them now. His back was facing me and I watched as Dana listened to him talk with a frown on her face as she bit her thumbnail. I knew she knew that I was watching her, even though the windows were tinted black. The guy grabs her shoulders and bends down to kiss her on the lips. Clenching my phone tight in my hand I look away but I can't help but wish that that were me right now.

Before the scene could escalade Scooter rushes into the truck. "Okay, we can go now."

"Where to?" The driver asks.

Scooter sips his coffee. "Um, I don't know. What do you want to do Justin?"

"Find some friends around here." I mumble. I rub my hands over my face and exhale. "Just, take me to the studio." I haven't worked with my producer, Sam, in a while. There was a lot of thoughts running through my mind and what better way to express my feelings than through my music?

"You just got finished writing a whole album. Aren't you tired?"

"I never get tired of writing music." And that was a fact.

"Okay, I guess we're going to the studio." Scooter calls to the driver.

Within twenty minutes we arrive at a place where I can call my second home. I turn to Scooter before getting out. "You don't have to stay if you don't want to."

He's too busy texting away at his phone to look up. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah." I open the door and hop out. "I'll call you when I'm ready."

"Alright man." Soon the door is close and I'm left to walk in the studio alone. As I'm walking down the hall I look at the many different pictures of artists holding their albums that ever went platinum. When I make it to the end I happen to be the newest person up there. It felt good having my picture next to a dozen other stars. I was a star now myself.

"Is that the one and only Justin Bieber?" Sam teased.

I chuckle. "Yeah, it's me. How's everything?"

"Hold on a second." He frowns. He plays with a few of the buttons in front of him. "Erin can you take it from the top?"

My head darts toward the booth. There was a girl in there that was around my age. She held an irrated expression on her face as she looked down at her phone. "Again, Sam?"

"Yes, and then you're free to go I promise." He calls.

The girl sighs and puts her headphones on to proceed singing.

When she does I turn to Sam. "Who's she?"

"Her names Erin Tyler. Probably haven't heard of her yet because she's new. Y'know, kind of how you were a year ago."

I playfully nudge him and study the young girl. She was short. Maybe about five foot three. Her straight hair, which fell over her shoulders was a sandy brown color and her eyes were a deep blue. And her voice. It was amazing. Finally, her singing comes to a stop and she turns to Sam.

"How was--" her eyes land on me. "Oh my god, no way! Is that Justin Bieber?" she takes her headphones off and places them on the stand. Then she walks out of the booth and has the biggest smile on her face. "Oh my god, hi."

"Hello." I chuckle. It's kind of cool sometimes seeing how people lost their train of thought just by seeing me. "How's it going?"

The girl, Erin, folds her arms and nods. "Good, thanks. Your Believe album is freaking insane. I know almost every song."