Twenty-Seven | Catching Up

"My God, Erin!" I said excitedly as I engulfed my best friend in a tight hug. She wrapped her arms around my torso and put as much force into the hug as I did. I hadn't seen her in weeks and she texted me yesterday that she wanted to come by and see my new house so I texted her the address. Two hours later, here she was.

"Gee, Justin." Erin's chuckle came out muffled due to the fact that her face was buried in my shirt. "You're acting as if it'd been years or something."

"Well it certainly feels like it." I pulled back, still having a hold on her arms. "Where have you been?"

"New York, I've already told you that."

I pulled her into another hug and she reciprocated, throwing her arms around me again. I finally backed up and stepped aside so that she could come into the house completely. I watched her look around at the place, examning it with her hands placed on her hips.

"Not bad Bieber." She muttered. "Not bad at all."

I chuckled and walked along side her as she traveled throughout the living room and kitchen area. She ran her hands across the granite countertops and cabinets.

"This is really nice, honestly. How much?"

"A couple hundred thousand." I shrugged.

Erin looked at me with wide eyes.

"What?" I laughed.

"You say that like it's just a hundred dollars Justin. That's a lot of money dude. When I first moved here I could barely keep up with my small apartment."

I chuckled again and followed her out onto the patio so she could take a look at the deck and the humongous pool.

"It's really nice though, J. At least you have taste."

I looked over at the grill and smiled, an idea popping in my head.

"Well, I hope you have taste...for some burgers."

Erin laughed. "Of course. When will I ever say no to food?"

--

Erin and I'd been hanging out on the patio for at least two hours now catching on things and talking about what we had planned in regards to our careers. She told me about how she's starting to get recognized a lot more and that soon she'd have to hire a body guard or something. I liked having Erin as a friend because she's super down to earth and funny as hell. We continued to talk when we heard a few noises coming from next door.

"What's that?" She frowned.

I shrugged just as the sounds started again.

Erin stood up from her chair and stood on her tip toes, craning her next. Then she huffed and said, "I can't see. Give me a lift."

"What?" I chuckled. "Just don't worry about it." I knew it was most likely Za cleaning up from last night.

"I can't. Just give me a lift. The gate's too tall."

I sighed and stood up, walking to Erin. She turned me around and jumped on my back, catching me off guard. "Erin what the hell? I thought you wanted me to lift you."

"Technically, this is a lift buddy." She told me to move closer which I did. "Oh." She said. "It's just some guy cleaning cups and stuff off of his lawn."

Just as a predicted.

"Oh shit, he sees me." Erin whispers. "Hurry up put me down!!"

"What are you doing?" I heard Za call from next door.