Thirteen | No Means No

Justin and Erin's friendship was starting to annoy be beyond belief. He was with her most of the time and on days he wasn't, he was working on his music video or inviting me to hangout with him and Erin which I gladly declined. I wanted to hangout with him not her and obviously he doesn't get that yet.

I was sitting cross legged on my bed, flipping through a magazine when Justin walked in with a box of donuts and coffee. "It's two in the afternoon..." I said slowly before shutting the magazine.

Justin furrowed his eyebrows and his eyes wandered to the clock on just nightstand. "Oh. I was shooting some more early this morning so I guess I didn't realize it."

I couldn't help but look out of the door into the empty hallway. "You're by yourself, right?"

Justin set the donuts down on my desk and handing me a coffee before sitting down on the edge of my bed. "Yeah. Erin had a meet and greet to attend so she couldn't make it."

"Good." I mumbled, glad that Justin hadn't heard me. I sip the nearly cold coffee and ask, "How's the video coming along?"

"Great actually." Justin nods.

"Awesome."

"Yep." Justin places his hand on my thigh and smiles. "I want you to come by and watch one day this week so you can see how it all works."

My eyes widen as I bit into a donut. "Really?"

Justin chuckles. "Yes."

"That sounds so--"

"Just you and Erin."

I stare at Justin with inexpressive eyes. I really hope he wasn't serious. I hope he would just laugh and say that he was joking. That he only wanted to see my reaction. But he doesn't it and that confirmed that he wasn't playing. "Do you do everything with her?" I blurt out. I almost want to take it back when his eyes narrow and his brows knit together. Almost.

"Is that a problem?" He asks.

"Kind of." I place the donut back in the box, not really having an appetite anymore. "Considering I'm your girlfriend and she's not."

"But she's my friend." He defended her.

"Yeah well who means more?" I shot.

Justin chuckles and shakes his head at me in disbelief. "I don't know if you know how stupid you sound right now."

"Excuse me?" I say taken aback.

"Why are you hating on her?" Justin snorts.

"I'm not." I say defensively. "I just want to know what it is that's making you cling to her so much."

Justin shrugs, hurt evident in his eyes. "Maybe it's the fact that she's not a pain in the ass like you." He grumbled.

I feel my mouth drop instantly and before I knew it, the coffee I had in my hand was flying Justin's way and it landed all over his white t-shirt. Anger boiling slowly beneath my skin as I growled, "Go fuck yourself Justin." Then I get up and storm out of my room and down the stairs.

--

I furiously tap my fingers against the steering wheel as I drove down the street. I tried my best to keep my anger inside rather than take it out on the road. As I turn a corner I shake my head thinking about what Justin said back at my house. I can't believe he'd said that. And I didn't two shits if I ruined his shirt. Maybe Erin can buy him a new one.

I pull into an all too familiar driveway and turn my car off but I don't get out just yet. I wanted to think about this first. Am I making the wrong decision by being here? I mean, it's not like I have intentions on doing anything. I just need to talk.