Twenty-Four | Tempting

I stumbled through the crowd of sweaty people, pushing my way through anyone who wouldn't automatically move. I just needed to find a place to sit before I fell on my fucking face. I finally made it to an empty sofa and plopped on it, kicking one foot up on the coffee table. I was in a whole different world right now. At least I felt like I was. My mind was wandering all over the place but I couldn't decipher those places at the moment. All I know is that I felt free and I didn't give a fuck about anyone or anything. I knew I made the right decision by coming to Za's party. I've been sober for months now and saying that I felt great could've possibly been an understatement.

I sat back and watched people walk back and forth, a few girls waving seductively at me. I gave them all a mere nod which they didn't like much. For they just snorted and kept on walking. I bet they wanted me. Too bad the feeling wasn't mutual.

My phone vibrated harshly in my pocket so I quickly retrieved it. I looked at the caller's I.d. and smiled as I slid my thumb across the screen and held the phone to my ear.

"Yo." I spoke.

"Yo?"

"Whh--what's goin' ... where are you righttt now? Babe." I tried my best not to sound like a drunken mess but it wasn't working. It only made me sound worse.

"Justin where are you? Are you at a party?" Dana asked.

I looked up at the sky high ceiling fan watching the blades circle and circle around one another.

"Justin?"

I sighed through the speaker. "Don't worry about me because...because...I'm...yeah. Just go back to work baby. Kay?"

There was silence on the other end and thinking maybe she'd hung up I was beginning to hang up too.

"Where are you?"

"Za'sssssss." I dragged out the 's'.

"Who is Za? Where does he live?"

"He's just next door. Okay? T-that's it. Right next door to our house."

Dana breaths. "I'm on my way there. Don't leave."

I let go of my phone and let it slide down my chest and into my lap. Then I closed my eyes. Whatever happened after that, was history.

~*~

My brain slammed against my skull causing me to squint hard before I even had the chance to open my eyes. I groaned and clutched the sides of my head. I rolled over and felt the light hit my face which caused my head to throb even more.

"Ughh who the fuck opened the curtains?" I said out loud. I force a pillow into my face and huff loudly.

"I did." A soft but stern voice spoke. I quickly opened my eyes, immediately regretting it when the light damn near blinded me. When my vision was finally under control I looked up to see Dana sitting cross legged in front of me. Her hair was hanging down her shoulders in a frizzy bed-head kind of way and she was rocking one of my t-shirts and her panties. If I wasn't feeling like such shit, I would probably do her right now.

The pain coursed back in my head so I frowned and covered my eyes. "Well go close them."

"No." She said.

"Fine." I sighed. I didn't really feel like arguing. "I'll do it myself." I pulled the cover from over me and walked to the window shutting the curtains, already pleased that the room was dark again. When I went to lay back down, it was Dana's turn to get up and in a matter of seconds the room filled with light again.

"Dana what the hell?" I sat up and watched her walk back over to the bed.

"What is wrong with you Justin?"