Prolouge

"I got signed to a record label."

Dana's eyebrows knit as she looks up at me in confusion. "You what?"

"I got signed to a record label."

"When?"

"About a week ago. I wanted to tell you so bad but I was afraid you would get mad and--"

"Does this mean you have to leave?" she interupts.

I sigh. "I really don't know."

Tears fill her eyes and I wrap my arms around her. I can't stand to see her upset. I knew this was a bad idea. I knew I should've waited. But then again, how long was I going to wait?

"We have to end this Justin." she sobs into my shirt.

To hear her say that put enough hurt in my heart to last a lifetime. I can't just leave someone I love. "No, we don't."

"Yeah we do. I can't keep doing this to myself."

I pull away from her. "You think this is just about you? Do you even care that my life is going to be completely different in a few months? This is hard for me too Dana. I don't want to leave you. Ever."

"Whatever." She storms toward the coat rack and throws her coat and gloves on.

"So now what?" I slap my hands against my legs. "Is this it? We're done for good?"

Dana stands there and bites her lip as she looks down at her shoes. "I guess so."

I'm left by myself when she wipes her tears away and leaves. Not just out of the restaurant, but my life as well.

______________________________________________________

If you happen to stumble across this story please know that there is a book before this called My Best Friend's Roommate. Why don't you read that one first then come back!

If you've already read MBFR then heyyyyy :D - N.