Twenty-Eight | Last One

"Dana please just let me explain myself." I sighed. I closed the door shut behind me and walked throughout the rooms downstairs seeing that she wasn't in any. So I went upstairs and noticed her in the bedroom folding her clothes. "Can I explain myself? Please?"

She ignored me and stuffed her things in a duffle bag.

"Please don't leave. Look, can we talk?"

She went around the other side of the bed so that I wasn't close to her and when she looked up in my eyes, hers were filled with tears on the verge of falling. I swear it made my heart break into a million pieces. I never like to see her cry.

"I know you feel lonely Justin, I know that. I know I haven't been around to spend time with you like I should. I know you get aggravated because I'm gone almost everyday all day. I know you want me to be here. I know." A tear rolled down her cheek. "But what I don't know is why you lied to me. Why would you lie to me?"

I opened my mouth to talk but nothing would come out.

God Justin, say something! I thought.

But I couldn't because even though absolutely nothing happened between Viv and I, I had told Dana I wouldn't party anymore. I completely broke her trust.

"I stopped at nonna's for half an hour after work." Dana continued. "I was going to stay the whole night but I thought about how selfish I was being. I thought about you and I didn't feel right knowing that you were here alone. At least I thought." She bent down beside the bed and grabbed a plastic bag, dumping candy, chocolate, potato chips, and popcorn out onto it. "I knew you thought I wasn't coming home tonight so I wanted to surprise you and just stay in and have a movie night together. Just be with you tonight and all day tomorrow because I'm off. But you weren't even here."

If my heart wasn't already shattered into a million pieces, it sure as hell was now. I didn't know what to say because I felt like a complete asshole. I fûck everything up.

She continued to pack away her clothes and wiped away her tears in the process.

"Dana....I'm so sorry." I said almost inaudible.

She zipped her bag and flung it over her shoulder as her eyes met mine again. "Y'know Justin, sorry doesn't always cut it."

I tried to step around to the other side to hug her. I just want to hold her in my arms but she stopped me in my tracks.

"Don't come near me Justin. Not with the way I'm feeling right now."

I took a step back and watched my girlfriend walk away from me. This one stupid mistake could've possibly costed  my whole relationship to go right down the drain.

--

- Dana's POV -

I sat up cross legged in my bed and stared at my tv not really watching. I'd been sitting here for hours now and I didn't know what time it was. I reached beside me and grabbed my phone to check the time.

2:03 am.

It didn't even seem that late. I guess when you feel like absolute shît you don't realize anything that's going on around you. I couldn't miss the 20 missed calls and endless texts from Justin if I wanted to. I didn't care to look at any or return his calls. I was upset beyond belief and if I were to say anything else to him tonight I don't know how it would all turn out. I needed to wait until tomorrow if I wanted everything to work out. I love Justin and I'm not gonna give up on us that easily. I'm not going to jump to conclusions and of course I wanted to hear his side of the story just not tonight.