5

The next day Gale was playing around alone. Her sister was training and originally dragged Gale with her. But since the small child was easily bored she sneaked out of the room as soon as Erika didn't pay attention. 

Right now she was trying to catch a butterfly. She was fascinated because the butterflies she knew on earth were a lot smaller. Not really paying attention to where she was going, Gale walked down the stairs and almost tripped. Luckily her wings immediately caught her mid air. Gale was surprised because she didn't know how she should learn to control her wings. 

"Where is it?", she asked herself when she noticed the butterfly disappeared. 

Confused she continued walking down the stairs. When Gale realized where she was ,it was already too late. 

Prisoners were screaming at her and in fear she covered her ears not wanting to hear those words. They were pounding against the cells making Gale's body shiver in fear. Scared she ran further. 

Then she spotted a familiar figure in a cell. Terrified she ran towards him but stopped herself in front of the cell. Why was he imprisoned?

"Can- Can you help me?", she asked the man. Loki was now standing up from his bed curious why a child would want any help from him. A monster.

"Gale, right?", he asked and the girl nodded. "You shouldn't be here." 

"What are you reading?", Gale asked trying to distract herself.

"A book."

"What is it about?"

"Something."

"You're not fun.", Gale sighed making he god look back to her. 

"I shouldn't be fun to you.", he said. "You should be scared of me." 

"Why?", the child asked looking at Loki with her innocent, big eyes. 

"I'm the monster parents tell children about at night.", Loki whispered more to himself than as an answer for her question. But Gale still heard. 

"My mother never told me about you at night.", the girl said. Loki's eyes widen in shock and he kneeled down before her. 

"She should." Before Gale could answer again the god turned his back to her. "Block your ears. Look straight when you go back. And don't come again." 

"Where's your sister?", Lady Sif asked the Valkyrie confused. Both women were training together in a big hall. Erika and Sif were never really close but right now she was the only friend Erika had in Asgard. Most people avoided her as if she was a freak or something. Some stupid people tried to mess with her. 

Erika looked around sweat dripping of her head. She was so focused on training with Sif (more trying to defeat her) she didn't notice her sister was missing. Since she knew Gale was probably bored and went outside or something she didn't worry much. On the other hand most people haven't seen a real Valkyrie in their life yet making Gale an easy target.

"I don't know.", Erika replied. Just as she was about to search for Gale, said girl came into the room again. "There you are. We were worried!" 

"I got bored. It's not my fault this place is no fun.", Gale whined, trying to hide her shaking hands, still scared of what had happened. 

"No fun?", Sif asked smirking while putting away her sword. Then she came over to the sisters again. "If you want I can show you some places that will never get boring."

"Will you?", Gale asked and grabbed Sif's hand. Then she put her pinky in the air. "Promise?" 

"Promise.", Sif said confused while looking at Gale's little finger.