17

"So what is going on between you and my sister?", Gale asked after watching Loki for a while. The god had noticed she had woken up but didn't move. 

Last night Erika and Loki talked about their plan to find Thor and to leave Sakaar but suddenly Erika had fallen asleep on his shoulder. At first he didn't dare to move scared to wake her up but when he saw the uncomfortable posture she was in he had lifted her up and put her on his bed next to the sleeping Gale. 

The rest of the night he had read not able to sleep. Sometimes he noticed Erika was shaking because of nightmares but didn't dare to go into her mind. Scared of breaking her trust he had forced himself to look away from her nightmares. 

Now he watched Gale standing up from the bed not caring if her hair was a mess. She came to Loki and looked at him waiting for an answer. "So?"

"Are you sure you'll understand feelings like that?" 

"Why does everyone underestimate me?", Gale asked herself. All her life she had been treated like a little child. For Asgardians she was still a child but for humans she would be long dead by now. Trust me, she's definitely not the innocent girl we all know. She has seen sorrow, and love. 

"I'm sure people wouldn't dare to underestimate you.", Loki replied with a smirk making Gale furious. 

"I bet I could win against you in a battle." 

"Oh I'm sure you'd try but don't be sad if you fail."

"I'll be filled with happiness knowing I kicked your ass." 

"That's some bold words for a child." 

"Can you please stop arguing about who'd beat whom?", Erika suddenly said waking up because of the yelling. Betrayed Gale looked at her sister who quickly added, "I'm sure Gale would win, though." 

"Hey!" 

"Stop whining, princess.", Gale said satisfied. "Let's get breakfast." 

Together the three of them entered the same big room as the night before. This time it didn't look like a party room, instead small tables where everywhere and waiters where floating on hoverboards to bring food and drinks. On the other side was a big buffet and Erika could almost hear her stomach growling. 

"There is my favourite guy!", a voice suddenly said and a second later the Grandmaster appeared before them. He then winked and smiled creepily. "You disappeared like dust yesterday but I think you had more important business to do." 

Behind him Erika could see Gale acting as if she had to vomit. Erika didn't feel any different, because this guy seriously freaked her out. She wanted to punch him but knew she had to play good girl again. 

On her other side Loki had to do his best to not kill this guy right now. Protective about Erika he put his arm around her waist and pulled her closer. Erika felt her heartbeat increase at his touch. 

"I'm really sorry about our sudden disappearing but we sure had-", Loki said and Erika could clearly hear the anger in his voice. The next words he said with disgust filling his voice. "-some business to do." 

"Well then.", the Grandmaster said and turned to Erika. "Tonight is your big show. I'm already excited!" With these words he left leaving Loki and Erika in silence. 

"I feel sick.", Erika whispered shivering in disgust. She sure wasn't hungry right now. 

"Show them why Asgardians tell heroic stories about your kind, love.", Loki replied trying to make her feel better. He dragged her with him to the buffet where Gale already stuffed various muffins in her mouth despite not knowing what was in there. Actually, she didn't really want to know.