16

When Erika reached Loki the god was just talking to some men but she didn't care. Loki's eyes widen in shock as he recognized her and tried to stand up and flee but Erika was faster and pinned Loki with ease against the nearest wall, her hand around his neck. 

"If you don't tell me what the hell happened on Midgard, I swear to God I will snap your neck.", she growled but Loki wasn't faced by her. Instead he softly pushed away her hand around his neck. 

"I will tell you everything but you just ruined my perfect conversation which would help us get a higher position on this planet."

"I don't care about-" 

"Oh I see!", a voice suddenly said next to them. The Grandmaster had found them. "The couple reunited!"

"Excuse me?", Loki said in a high tone but the Grandmaster just winked at him. 

"I won't tell anyone. But you'll have to spend time with her because I doubt after the battle with my champion she probably won't live anymore.", the guy said with a happy smile. Erika wondered how this guy could sleep at night knowing he was a wandering nightmare. 

"You will fight against the Champion?", Loki asked shocked. If Erika was right she saw a glimpse of worry in his eyes. 

"I have to. Unless you have a plan to get off here or to find Thor. First you tell me what happened, right now!" 

"I feel like you guys need some alone time.", the Grandmaster suggested. Then Gale broke through the crowd her mouth open to complain to her sister about forgetting her but then her eyes fell on Loki and she gasped. A second later she clung onto his waist and laughed. 

"We found you!" Loki, who seemed really shocked and confused about what he should do, simply pushed her away but Gale's smile didn't fade. 

"Come with me.", Loki said in a serious voice. This time the sisters were lead through a complicated system of hallways until they reached a room at the end. Loki opened the door for them revealing a big, spacious room. 

Gale immediately jumped on the big bed and let herself fall on it making Erika smile at her cuteness. That smile disappeared when she looked at Loki again. 

"Spill the tea." 

"I'm sorry for your loss.", she said when Loki told her about Odin's death. Even though she hated Odin with a passion she knew Asgard lost a great king. She wasn't sad about it though. And neither was Loki. To be honest it was quite hard for Erika to read Loki because he spoke with a neutral face. She wondered how he felt about his father's death. 

"That's not the whole story. Hela, our sister, Odin's firstborn, appeared and destroyed Mjolnir. In panic I called the Bifrost and lead her to Asgard. She fought both Thor and me and I was thrown out of the Bifrost and came here. I don't know if Thor is alive." 

It was silent between them. Except for Gale's snoring coming from the bed nothing could be heard. Slowly Erika went to the window looking down the city trying to hide her tears from Loki. 

Hela. A name that had been in her head for centuries. A name she hated even more than Odin's. A name she feared. 

"If Hela is on Asgard-", Erika forced herself to say. "Thor is probably dead." 

"How can you say that?" 

"I know Hela-" 

"You know her?", Loki asked with a shocked face. He came to Erika and turned her around forcefully. But as soon as he saw the tears in her eyes he couldn't help but feel the need to hug her. On the other hand Erika quickly wiped her tears away not wanting to seem weak but at the same time she didn't care.