6

Erika had a good time with the others. Even though she sometimes didn't understand their inside jokes they still made sure she was included in the conversation. Volstagg was already drunk but still proudly told her about the battles he was in. Sometimes the stories were exaggerated but they were still fun to listen to. 

Hogun on the other side already fell asleep on the side of the table, snoring peacefully. Meanwhile Thor was getting in a heated discussion with Lady Sif about weapons. 

Erika was getting tired and even if she had a great time she wanted to get back to her room. Sometimes she just needed to be alone to recharge her social energy. It was sometimes like a battery that had to get recharged. 

When she got up Fandral got up as well. "May I ask if I'm allowed to lead you back to your room, Mylady." Erika was flustered but still agreed. Fandral extended his arm like the etiquette said and Erika put her hand on his arm. 

Together they walked to her room in silence. Erika was glad Fandral didn't try to force a conversation with her. She had to admit he was handsome and humourful, but not her type. She was relieved he offered to accompany her to her room though, because many guards gave her a curious look making her feel nervous. 

When they reached her room Fandral softly took her hand and placed a kiss on it. Then he smiled at her. "Have a good sleep. I hope we'll meet again at breakfast tomorrow, Lady Erika." 

With that he left and walked down the corridor. She watched as he disappeared around the corner and then went into her room. As soon as she closed the door she took off her dress. It was soft but she still preferred her trousers. 

Erika took off her shoes as well and was glad nobody asked her to dance. The dances here were different than those on earth and she'd have to learn them first so she wouldn't embarrass herself. 

When she went to bed she couldn't help but smile at the thought that she made some friends. On Earth Erika had been so focused on applying for jobs and making sure Gale would be safe, she didn't have time to form real friendships.

The next day Erika was training again with Sif again. This time both women were joking around while trying to stab each other making the atmosphere light. After yesterday Sif was more relaxed around her. Fighting against Sif was difficult because you have to be concentrated all the time. One second of not paying attention could mean death and Erika didn't really want to die like that. 

Then Odin interrupted their practice by loudly opening the door. Both women immediately bowed to him. Erika had to, even though it disgusted her to act like he was more powerful than her.

"It fills me with happiness seeing you train and get closer to each other. Maybe one time you will be partners in a battle.", he said smiling at them. "Lady Erika. Could you please go down the dungeons and guard the prisoners." 

Erika immediately took the chance and went out of the room. She couldn't bear to be in one room with the Allfather after yesterday. Of course she knew where the dungeons are and went down the hallway. 

"Rik! Rik!", an excited voice stopped her. She turned around and spotted her sister with Lady Andrea. Andrea had offered to show Gale the tasks of a healer so she wouldn't be bored watching her train with Sif like last time. "Where are you going?" 

"To the dungeons. Babysitting the prisoners." 

Gale's smile faded when she heard that but then her eyes lit up again. "Can you thank Loki please?" 

"Loki? For what?", Andrea asked surprised. Confused she and Erika exchanged looks wondering what Gale had to do with the god of mischief. 

"Yesterday I got lost inside the dungeons and he helped me get out again.", she explained embarrassed. "So can you tell him?"